Ausführung: Europa/ Europe version
model/Bezeichnung: 320i
Motor/engine type: M52
Karosserie/chassis type: Limousine
Produktionjahr/production year: 04/1995
Werk/manufactured in Munich: München
--------------------------------------------
Problem:

hi there, i am having problems with my e36 320iSE, 1995(m), it has the m50 vanos engine. when trying to start my car it just turns over, there was no noise coming from the petrol pump as it didnt sound as if it were priming. ran a live feed to it and it worked. i then checked the connections to the sender unit and the voltage was as it should be, i then checked the fuses, it wasnt blown so i took it out and checked the voltage for the connection. this is where it gets strange, there is no voltage coming to the fuse. we have checked various other connection but to no avail, like i say the car will turn over continuously without flooding. please help as i am stumped.
thanks
chris
----------------------------------
any recommendations?

fuel pump bridging? which pins?

wiring diagrams I have are these
http://www.gbnetwork.co.uk/bmw/downloadetm.html

Thanks

winfred
01-17-2007, 12:55 AM
does it spark if not theres other problems, they need to see what all works to diagnose it, like do the injectors have their constant 12v with the key on or does it spark, bridge #30 to #87 at the fuel pump relay to power the pump, if #30 is hot, which should be powered by the main relay

shogun
01-17-2007, 01:11 AM
Thanks a lot, winfred

shogun
01-17-2007, 11:39 AM
THE INJECTORS DONT WORK, THE WHOLE CAR SEEMS DEAD, IT WILL JUST TURN OVER, NO FUEL PUMP, NO INJECTORS. NOTHING AT ALL
------------------------------------
Your answer? :)

nizmainiac
01-17-2007, 11:47 AM
bit of a long shot but i had a simalar problem with a nissan a few years back, i managed to trace it right back to the ecu, i had the same symtoms as you , fuel pump and injectors not working, i got another ecu (a second hand one) and it was good as gold after that

winfred
01-17-2007, 01:12 PM
main relay or ref sensor would be my first checks, with a remote possiblity of a shut down by a malfunctioning ews if equiped

THE INJECTORS DONT WORK, THE WHOLE CAR SEEMS DEAD, IT WILL JUST TURN OVER, NO FUEL PUMP, NO INJECTORS. NOTHING AT ALL
------------------------------------
Your answer? :)

kesslerbmw
01-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Try swapping the relay out. You can manually jump the prongs on the relay as well.. you could manually jump it with a wire and see if its starts then.