PDA

View Full Version : fuse 46 - IKHR draw..

patznu
01-16-2007, 01:58 AM
draining battery -- 11.45a ?? Has any one ever found this to be a problem or should I replace IKHR??

patznu
01-19-2007, 03:38 AM
drawing 11.45a ?? Has any one ever found this to be a common problem or should I replace IKHR??
UPDATE
Removed panel to get to IHKR, removed but looked ok. Now looking for some way to test the device. Any suggestions, I have seen resoldering Instructions but nothing to say how to test??

BillionPa
01-19-2007, 04:09 AM
fuse 46 is the rear defogger. if you did not actually turn it on or the car is off, then the relay is stuck. your control unit should be ok.

patznu
01-21-2007, 12:38 AM
fuse 46 is the rear defogger. if you did not actually turn it on or the car is off, then the relay is stuck. your control unit should be ok.

UPDATE; DROVE WITHOUT F46 STILL GOT HEAT?? YOU MAYBE RIGHT!!
Not exactly clear to me..."if you did not actually turn it on or the car is off, then the relay is stuck" . Meanwhile drove the car tonight after four days of testing battery daily and starting it. Drove fine, a few bulbs in cluster now need replaced and not looking forward to a new chase...THANKS BILL P

BillionPa
01-21-2007, 03:26 AM
the wiring is as follows:

Hot voltage - fuse 46 - rear defogger relay - rear defogger - ground

so if you are getting current draw without turning on the rear defog, the relay is stuck in the on position.

fuse 46 only controls the rear defog, no other parts of the climate control system, so removing it only kills the defog capability.

shogun
01-21-2007, 03:38 AM
Removed panel to get to IHKR, removed but looked ok

I wonder what one can see on the IHKR and remove it that quick.

Integrale Heizungs und Kuehlungs Regegelung

BillionPa
01-21-2007, 03:54 AM
well, upon removal, i instantly noticed the source of the probems i was having.... a couple of the pins that connect to the wiring had disintegrated!

shogun
01-21-2007, 04:10 AM
The IHKR is this
http://bmwe32.masscom.net/johan/ihka/stepper_motors_1.jpg

I guess he is talking about the IHKR control panel. Something like this , which is from the IHKA
http://bmwe32.masscom.net/johan/ihka/panel_temp_sensor.jpg

BillionPa
01-21-2007, 10:07 PM
i was thinking about the control unit in front of the microfilter.

patznu
01-23-2007, 10:42 PM
You are correct Mr SHOGUN, panel of IHKR was removed --happy typing ok, P O had wires from previous sound system scattered throughout console and through glove box along with behind panel -- none of which were touching any of the controls.

Thanks Bill P ... so far so good relay replaced, I did notice a burnt looking appearance at recv'ng end of relay -- fuse 46 re-installed and now no longer a drain. Thanks again. I have noticed how car now hesitates to a near stall at stop lights or stop signs. This though started after I reinstalled alternator, maybe I should readjust ??