PDA

View Full Version : Touring Rear Strut Removal

gtopaul
01-14-2007, 11:48 AM
I've got a banging on bumps in the right rear of my 92 Touring. I suspect it's the upper shock mount (SLS) but can't figure out how to get at it. I can get all the inner panels loose from about the rear of the inner fender well on back but how do you get to the mounting point? Does the rear seat need to come out to remove the inner panel directly behind the rear door? Don't want to break anything in the process of removal. Tips appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

Bill R.
01-14-2007, 12:44 PM
See the attachment below

I've got a banging on bumps in the right rear of my 92 Touring. I suspect it's the upper shock mount (SLS) but can't figure out how to get at it. I can get all the inner panels loose from about the rear of the inner fender well on back but how do you get to the mounting point? Does the rear seat need to come out to remove the inner panel directly behind the rear door? Don't want to break anything in the process of removal. Tips appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

Steve525
01-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi.
I have the same problem going over bumps. Just wondering which part you are referring to. Could you tell me which part it is on the realoem site?
Regards, Steve.

gtopaul
01-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Hi.
I have the same problem going over bumps. Just wondering which part you are referring to. Could you tell me which part it is on the realoem site?
Regards, Steve.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HJ63&mospid=47414&btnr=33_0541&hg=33&fg=45

I'm thinking it's part #4 in the diagram. Might be wrong but won't know until I get it apart. Thanks very much for the diagram above! That helps a great deal.

Regards!

Paul