PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Fix DME

begeta50
01-13-2007, 05:17 PM
I have conected a code reader to my 525, and it gave me an error code 200 Fault DME. I was wondering if the DME can be fix without replacing the entire unit? If anyone can give me an idea, I will appreciate all the help that I can get.
Thanks.

Dave M
01-13-2007, 05:40 PM
First off, ensure the code is reliable. Many other codes do not indicate the true source of the problem. Someone may know how reliable the DME code is. What are the symptom?

If you're sure its DME,

Can't provide a definitive answer on your particular DME, but I know MArk D. of EAT chips in Toronto will atempt DME fixes. The cost, however, is ~$200 U.S. I discussed it with him over the phone and the odds of fixing the problem depends somewhat on the type of unit. I think he's had success with M30 units.

Mark's DME Fixit Page (http://www.dsylva-tech.ca/)

The other option is to look on e-bay. They range from $60-$200+ and so do the results. I think I just got fleeced by a guy in WA. M50 runs light $hit with the DME he sent. May sure the auction is NOT "as is".

Good Luck,

Dave M

begeta50
01-13-2007, 08:40 PM
The reason that I connected the code reader is because the check engine light is on. I have pass the smog check, but with check engine light on the car will not pass. The car runs great, and the only reason I need to fix the DME is turn off the check engine light.
Thanks

632 Regal
01-15-2007, 01:14 AM
try rebooting the computer, sometimes it does magic.
The reason that I connected the code reader is because the check engine light is on. I have pass the smog check, but with check engine light on the car will not pass. The car runs great, and the only reason I need to fix the DME is turn off the check engine light.
Thanks