PDA

View Full Version : Please check these tires!!

BFEINZIMER
01-13-2007, 03:43 PM
So I talked to Michelin on the phone and they reccomended these:

http://www.michelinman.com/overview/energy_mxv4_plus/95.html

There are H rated 130 mph what I have now...

Size: 225/60R15

Any objections or things I should know about?

Thanks everyone.

markus
01-13-2007, 03:49 PM
if you are on a budget id look for something cheaper. michelins are good tires but i always use tirerack to buy tires. they have customer reviews there as well. look into kumohs, and continentals

SharkmanBMW
01-13-2007, 04:38 PM
not bad for old people!:p :p

But why not another make... more bang for the buck.

Besides,
Michelins squeal like banshees around every f***en corner, fast or slow!

Ditto the Tirerack, you should be able to get deals there. Great site to search by size, mfg, ....

I use Z rated in summer ... H rated is less than I would like to use.

Get some V rated instead...
People say good things about Kumho, very low price and apparently great performance... (maybe not this exact model, I dunno! - BUT the ratings on the link below from owners are very high in all categories, ranked #1!)

Good luck.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=ECSTA+KH11&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=26VR5KH11&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

BimmerMeUp
01-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Since you are running a stock size and looking at Michelin's, if you've got a membership you may wish to checkout Costco for some tires. Prices are pretty competetive with the Rack (I've used both) and you get lifetime balancing, installation, nitrogen filled, road hazard and all the jazz with just the price listed for the tire. (IE: No additional upcharges etc.) Right now they are running a special - $60 off a set of four Michelins. Keep in mind they only install a size that was stock on your vehicle. So, if you're trying to fit some 19's on your E34, you won't be able to get them installed there. If they don't have your size in a model you want, they'll special order them and still give you the discount.

Tiger
01-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Overpriced average tire. I'd rather go with Bridgestone G009 at Tirerack.com... look at the rating and see for yourself.

BFEINZIMER
01-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Since you are running a stock size and looking at Michelin's, if you've got a membership you may wish to checkout Costco for some tires. Prices are pretty competetive with the Rack (I've used both) and you get lifetime balancing, installation, nitrogen filled, road hazard and all the jazz with just the price listed for the tire. (IE: No additional upcharges etc.) Right now they are running a special - $60 off a set of four Michelins. Keep in mind they only install a size that was stock on your vehicle. So, if you're trying to fit some 19's on your E34, you won't be able to get them installed there. If they don't have your size in a model you want, they'll special order them and still give you the discount.

Well wow I should have done that but I just went to my local place and bought the 1 Michelin...he told me the other tires have more than enough tread and I shouldent worry about wear...though I think the new one is gonna be on the front, next time Costco tho...

Jr ///M5
01-13-2007, 06:49 PM
If you like Michelins, you owe it to yourself to check these out!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Exalto+A%2FS&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=26VR5EXAS&minSpeedRating=H

I've got a set on my teenagers MB, I liked them so much I bought a set for Lori's '01 525. They are smooth, quiet, and they wear very well. I will definately buy another set for Lori when these wear out. They have excellent ratings compared to Michelins other A/S tires. I HIGHLY recommend them.

Hope this helps,
JR

Zeuk in Oz
01-13-2007, 07:43 PM
I would suggest you buy at least a V rated tyre.

As a Michelin fan, the Energy tyres are rubbish - don't touch them.

Look to see if you can get some Pilot HX MXM tyres in that size - they are fantastic.

Failing that, look at Continental Premium Contact 2 tyres - I now have them on my E34 and they are OK - not as good as the Pilots though.

Russell
01-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Bridgestone Turnaza h rated tires seem to be excellent for me. I have almost 50,000 miles on mine and have 6.5/32ths tread left. I rotate every 5-6,000 miles. Wet weather traction is still excellent. no noise and good ride. What more could I want for a stock size all-season tire?

BFEINZIMER
01-14-2007, 02:55 AM
I would suggest you buy at least a V rated tyre.

As a Michelin fan, the Energy tyres are rubbish - don't touch them.

Look to see if you can get some Pilot HX MXM tyres in that size - they are fantastic.

Failing that, look at Continental Premium Contact 2 tyres - I now have them on my E34 and they are OK - not as good as the Pilots though.

Dam I bought the Energy's and I was thinking about some Pilots's V rated...o well its not like I'm gonna die with it on..the guy told me I have pleanty of tread left (comparing wiht new tires hes right) so I only bought one for my front passenger and it seems to be fine...

hk20000
01-14-2007, 08:25 AM
Best 4 season evarr for budget buyer: Falken Ziex ZE512. Look into it.

Freddie Sykes
01-14-2007, 02:54 PM
I'd go with the Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S. I run them on one car and I am very pleased with their performance.

632 Regal
01-15-2007, 12:48 AM
i run them in summer, smooth riding great tire for little money.
Best 4 season evarr for budget buyer: Falken Ziex ZE512. Look into it.