PDA

View Full Version : Heated Seats question

scott 4991
01-13-2007, 03:06 PM
In the Bentley book, page 200-EWD, the diagram shows a 6 pin switch, yet my seat switch only has 5 pins. There is a 6 pin connector (green) under the seat, but the switch will not plug into this connector (wrong keying). I wonder if anyone has a wiring diagram for the 5 pin connector switch?

Thanks

sc

525ikicker
01-13-2007, 03:21 PM
In the Bentley book, page 200-EWD, the diagram shows a 6 pin switch, yet my seat switch only has 5 pins. There is a 6 pin connector (green) under the seat, but the switch will not plug into this connector (wrong keying). I wonder if anyone has a wiring diagram for the 5 pin connector switch?

Thanks

sc

I dont know for sure but i believe the extra pin is for another accesory maybe like lumbar support or sumthin... im not for sure though

Kalevera
01-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Late vs. early style heated seat switches. Late are 6 pin, more of an ELO style connector. The early switch could also be 6 pin (can't remember), but is completely different. Early use a "block" style connector, same as the sunroof switch and transmission program selector switch on auto cars. Cutoff date is 9/90.

scott 4991
01-13-2007, 04:48 PM
My car is 6/90 - I can find 12V on the 6 pin green connector but not on the 5 pin connector. The drivers side heats fine, the passenger side does not. I have checked the fuse, but it's the same as the drivers side - so it's fine. Wire colors are different the Bentley book - so not sure what to check. Typically Red is 'hot', but I have no voltage on this.

sc

scott 4991
01-15-2007, 01:49 PM
This is too funny! I received a full e35 wiring diagram and noticed there is a heater relay under the seat AND it's connected in series to the seat belt - if the seat belt is not in, the seat heater does not work! Boy do I feel stupid! - the seat heater works fine with the seat belt clipped in place.

sc