PDA

View Full Version : Mid- Intake reseal questions

zhandax
01-13-2007, 08:25 AM
New parts are finally being installed, and a few questions came up...

1) several of you have posted that this is a good time to replace the upper timing cover gaskets. I have both left and right (11141433305 & 6) and cannot at this stage see the benefit of replacing the left and right gaskets without replacing the bottom gaskets (the ones I can feel in the joint between the top and bottom cover). It is too late now to get any, but I can not find part numbers for the bottom gaskets. ARE those gaskets I feel between top and bottom covers? Is there a benefit to replacing the sides without the bottom?

2) Of course I cracked the clips on the valley pan plastic cover. Should I lay it back in there to keep the electrical cable off the valley pan or just leave it out? Will it rattle with no clips?

3) I replaced what appeared to be the intake sleeve gaskets after the intake finished the rinse cycle in the dishwasher. After counting (and then checking the part number), it turns out they were my valve cover bolt seals. It looks like the valve cover bolt seals do more sealing than the intake sleeves. I now plan to re-use the old valve cover bolt seals on the intake sleeves so i have enough new valve cover bolt seals. Is this reasoning sound? Are any good alternatives available on weekends?

And Jeff, if I can hold this project under 30 hours, I WILL tighten the nut behind the wheel this weekend.