PDA

View Full Version : new euro smoked hellas in, with hid, fu*k yea

BFEINZIMER
01-13-2007, 01:40 AM
it took me from like 2 - 9 including getting sevral things from home depot and auto zone but its finnaly all done and its a clean install...except my obc says low beam so i havta run them on at all times, cuse i dont feel liek dumping a shitton of wiring into the engine bay to correct it....and there really misaimed, so ima stick my finger in my ass tomorrow morning at 9:30 am and pay the dealer $60 bucks to do it for me :D

pics tomorrow with proper alignment

thanks tim, leif, macv n regal for your help with my project

ps...new sig soon ;)

also a question:

i poped my front passenger tire last night and am on my spare, tomorrow im going to get it taken care of, should i just buy 1 or 2 for the front to balance out the wear and just rotate them normally if i get 2...?

ill ask the stealer, but AFTER i make sure they know i wont be buying from them for sure lol

thanks guys

o..ps, any tire recommendations, im running nitto nt460's, speed rating H 130 mph

thanks

RallyD
01-13-2007, 10:59 AM
where did ya get the HID's??

use your right hand when you stick fingers up ass, then be sure to shake hands with dealer for me.

BFEINZIMER
01-13-2007, 11:16 AM
its apexcone, though they wont sell directly to the public...so iono haha

forsure haha so neone have any advise on those tires?

attack eagle
01-13-2007, 11:44 AM
UNless you have practically no wear on them, change both. With 460s they are probably more worn than they at first appear if you measure tread depth with lincoln's head vs a new one.

BFEINZIMER
01-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Yea there all have maybe iono 40 percent tread left, so should I just change the front 2 or all 4? I hope not all 4..

o and i just came back from the dealer which wanted an hour labor so i walked away mother fucers..

attack eagle
01-13-2007, 02:49 PM
change the front two, save up to change the back two (which will be the new front two) by the next oil change/ tire rotation interval.

BFEINZIMER
01-13-2007, 02:51 PM
ok so get the same type, ill be doing an oil change in another 1000 miles aprox...

now i need to know what type of tires to buy, im completely lost on this there are so many choices...so im searching the forums right now..any ideas?

Macv
01-13-2007, 03:53 PM
cuse i dont feel liek dumping a shitton of wiring into the engine bay to correct it....

It's 4 wires per headlight and most only need one relay to correct it. It's an easy install and cheap to do. You can buy the relay and harness for under 20 bucks. I can send you a set if you want.

As for 60 bucks for a headlight adjustment, thats gay. You should look into how to do it yourself. It's takes 2 minutes.

Robert K
01-13-2007, 04:00 PM
If you can wire them in, aiming them is certainly within your capabilities. Go to www.bmwe34.net. In the left menu, go to: maintenance>electrical system>headlight adjustment. I've been messing with my headlights the last couple of weeks. I've adjusted mine using my garage door to shine them on. Not too difficult. I'd rather pay the dealer for the stuff I can't do.

Grace and peace,

Robert K
1991 535i

BFEINZIMER
01-13-2007, 04:47 PM
ill think about the harnessess thanks for the offer...yea i was looking at daniel stern lighting on the aim and that was crazy...and then re-looked on the bmwe34.net and ill do it tonight...but i dont have 25 feet easy but i have like 22-20 feet so how should i flex those 7 inches down from center on that aim?

Paul in NZ
01-13-2007, 04:53 PM
i dont think thre feet will make much diference,just have them fractionally lower...then just play it by ear....if people flash you a lot lower them a bit more,maybe swap cars with a buddy one night and drive past each other on a dark back road to see how they look when you are going the other way,you dont want to blind people going the other way.

BFEINZIMER
01-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Well yea Ill try to do it tonight, its sad the lobeams are brigheter than the Hi's lol

Macv
01-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Use trig to figure it out. 7" below center at 25 feet is the same as 1.4" below center at 5 feet away. Or 2.8" at 10 feet.

Thats how I did it :) Just as Paul said, if you get flashed, lower it. Good luck.

Paul in NZ
01-13-2007, 06:28 PM
edit...at 22 feet have em slighty HIGHER..... at 22 feet you need 6.16 inches

BillionPa
01-13-2007, 11:47 PM
V tires tend to be better handling even at low speeds, because they are designed stronger.

I have always wanted to try Pirelli P-Zero Nero M/S tires, although the new Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position tires seem to be superior in many ways

BFEINZIMER
01-14-2007, 02:52 AM
Use trig to figure it out. 7" below center at 25 feet is the same as 1.4" below center at 5 feet away. Or 2.8" at 10 feet.

Thats how I did it :) Just as Paul said, if you get flashed, lower it. Good luck.

Thanks but math is not my thing..but thanks for those figures..I aimed em aprox tonite on the street and I will aim them correct tomorrow...whats the best way of measuring the center, just yardstick from ground to middle headlight, same on floor i think is 25/26 inches right?

Paul in NZ
01-14-2007, 03:46 AM
yep ground to middle of headlight,then ground to middle of beam spot

BFEINZIMER
01-14-2007, 04:27 PM
so i kinda aimed em last night, comparing their throw to our toyota camry, and just aiming them by how far the other lights when down the road...and there a little off the right is different than the left and im not gonna go out in the night again cuse its getting to be 35-40 degrees at night and its so cal...that aint right

you can kinda see the difference here: (just put on my urthreane sheilds)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/BFEINZIMER/Photo_011407_001.jpg

Macv
01-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Shot without the hood up and lights off please.

And you should get a BMW Motorsport liscense plate frame.

Nice job though!

Denton
01-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Go back to ambers and report back...

BFEINZIMER
01-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Maybe I'll get some motorsport ones...we got those talladega nights ones for free at work...and no on the ambers there ulgy but i gotta get silver orange bulbs in soon so i dont get rolled at the wrong time

Macv
01-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Apexcone? Hows that working out? I've never heard of them.

BFEINZIMER
01-14-2007, 07:51 PM
they ahve stuff to do with xtec...lifetime warranty with everything and i was pointed to them great produdct, good support

romeox929
01-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Maybe I'll get some motorsport ones...we got those talladega nights ones for free at work...and no on the ambers there ulgy but i gotta get silver orange bulbs in soon so i dont get rolled at the wrong time

just try swapping in the ambers for a minute..srsly. imo, it did look ugly back when i had clear ellipsoids, but with the smokes, looks a lot better than ever.

BFEINZIMER
01-15-2007, 04:00 AM
thast what my dad told me...so i should have my ambers with my hid? hmmm iono its a bitch to swap em haha

btw how does my aim look? they are level but when i get in front of the car and lower my head, the driver side blinds me first instead of both sides blinding me at the same time...what gives?

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/BFEINZIMER/Photo_011507_003.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/BFEINZIMER/Photo_011507_002.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/BFEINZIMER/Photo_011507_001.jpg

just try swapping in the ambers for a minute..srsly. imo, it did look ugly back when i had clear ellipsoids, but with the smokes, looks a lot better than ever.

Macv
01-15-2007, 11:53 AM
If you're standing right in the middle of the lights (when you lean down) it would be the driver side that blinds you first.

With cutoff's like that, there's no good way to stand in front of the car and hope they both blind you at once.

Just have someone drive it up and down the road.

BFEINZIMER
01-15-2007, 01:18 PM
If you're standing right in the middle of the lights (when you lean down) it would be the driver side that blinds you first.

With cutoff's like that, there's no good way to stand in front of the car and hope they both blind you at once.

Just have someone drive it up and down the road.

thats exactly what happens...when there level...so i guess it thought wrong....how do they look? i like em :D

TC535i
01-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Stand in front of and slightly to the drivers side of the car, and start squatting... they should "light up" around the same time.

Macv
01-15-2007, 05:59 PM
They look pretty sharp for a brand I've never heard of.

Nice find.

BFEINZIMER
01-15-2007, 11:42 PM
They look pretty sharp for a brand I've never heard of.

Nice find.

thank you tho i was referred...you can find their products in some online stores

so i was reading on the bimmerboard and saw someone had the idea of wiring in the city lights in before the hid to prevent the check control's LOW BEAM, would this work?, cuz im sick of that dam thing coming on and i dont want to run my lights all the time, and dont want a mess of relay wires n such as i have my install pretty clean right now...

Macv
01-16-2007, 07:14 AM
Try it out.

The only problem is, the current would still flow through the HID bulb, which is what triggers the error in the first place.

The relay system completely switches the current over to the highbeams and back without flowing through the HID lows.