PDA

View Full Version : Fog/water droplets on inside of windshield.

CharlesAFerg
01-12-2007, 10:38 PM
What the heck?

It was like my car was fairly foggy, even after hours of being cold.
Yet, the kind of nasty thing about it, there were fairly good sized distinguishable DROPLETS forming, as if my interior was just saturated.

The windshield was the only thing like this, the other windows were only slightly foggy.

It was slightly slick, so do you think my coolant is leaking in someplace in my vents, and when my ac/heat turns off it just evaps onto my window?

I've never seen it so nasty before. Also, sometimes my car smells a tad bit moldy, but it goes away after a minute of ac/heat. I think there could be some kind of buildup/leak going into my vents up front under the window...

DaveVoorhis
01-12-2007, 10:41 PM
It might have popped the heater core. Check your coolant level. If it stays steady, check for interior leaks where rainwater might be coming in.

CharlesAFerg
01-12-2007, 10:44 PM
blech, I am always getting a coolant level warning.

Guess it's time for a new heater core X-O
Damn damn damn!!!

Jehu
01-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Join the club....mine's not so bad i can't live with it,i think.Who knows,maybe even the little bit that i smell is enough to cause some kind of harm.i am hoping it will be bearable till it gets warmer around here to do that ten hour job some warm spring day.

Paul in NZ
01-12-2007, 11:18 PM
do you have your vent system set ot recirculate or fresh air.....you need to run it on fresh air regularly

Alexlind123
01-13-2007, 12:28 AM
If you need some help replacing it, i might be able to.

Blitzkrieg Bob
01-13-2007, 01:06 AM
when:

car is parked on a deserted road and.....

both seats are reclined

both occupants are naked

and

the car is rocking

CharlesAFerg
01-13-2007, 03:14 PM
do you have your vent system set ot recirculate or fresh air.....you need to run it on fresh air regularly

It's always on fresh air :-/