PDA

View Full Version : OT: I hate insulating!

TheGeak
04-24-2004, 04:24 PM
so i'm rebuilding the 3rd floor of the house (one of my many many projects) and today was insulation day. I HATE INSULATION! I itch so badly now! Gloves, goggles, dust mask, long sleeves, didn't make a difference! stuff went right though my shirt....bah!

oh well, now its time to start drywalling. yay!

Bill R.
04-24-2004, 04:34 PM
there today... Don't forget to take a cold shower not a hot one.. Cold water closes your pores so the fiberglass will rinse off, hot or warm water tends to open the pores up and the glass gets into the pores, then you itch for days.... But its probably too late to mention that :)
I have one of these that i got from Airwareamerica.com that works great for sanding and working with fiberglass insulation, sanding epoxies or other hazardous dust materials...I've had it about 5 years now and don't know how i got along without it before... HERE
(http://www.airwareamerica.com/prod01.htm)

so i'm rebuilding the 3rd floor of the house (one of my many many projects) and today was insulation day. I HATE INSULATION! I itch so badly now! Gloves, goggles, dust mask, long sleeves, didn't make a difference! stuff went right though my shirt....bah!

oh well, now its time to start drywalling. yay!

TheGeak
04-24-2004, 05:06 PM
yeah, but fiberglass is about all thats in my price range. Still haven't done the shower thing yet (yeah, i did know about cold showers) I had around here somewhere a full chem-suit that i was going to wear. but its just too damn hot today. Combine that with the fact that i didn't feel like looking for it and oh well...here i am. I'm having fun though, lovin' the manual labor!

Bill R.
04-24-2004, 05:18 PM
price to fiberglass and the performance is also about the same or better.. It was much nicer to work with though... nice end for recycled levi material too (http://www.buildinggreen.com/products/ultratouch.cfm)

yeah, but fiberglass is about all thats in my price range. Still haven't done the shower thing yet (yeah, i did know about cold showers) I had around here somewhere a full chem-suit that i was going to wear. but its just too damn hot today. Combine that with the fact that i didn't feel like looking for it and oh well...here i am. I'm having fun though, lovin' the manual labor!

TheGeak
04-24-2004, 05:19 PM
hrm, thats interesting. I'll have to check that stuff out when i go to do my next job (1 room down, 1 house still to go!)

rickm
04-25-2004, 07:58 AM
Pick up one of those white asbestos removal suits, that's what I used and never had any problems. Tape up any open seams (wrists) to keep the stuff from crawling up your arm.