PDA

View Full Version : Need M50 Spark Plug Info

John B.
01-12-2007, 10:16 AM
I've been trying to buy a set of Bosch Super F7LDCR for the 95 525iT I just picked up but all anyone (Napa, Autozone, Advance Auto) has for this car is Bosch Platinum 1/2/4 which I don't want or need. Can't even get a cross to a standard NGK. Is the Super NLA? What would be an equivelant NGK?

acidfire52
01-12-2007, 10:57 AM
www.bavauto.com

Don't skimp. Order them from there and use them. I went through 3 sets of plugs till i bought those and it ran like crap on all but the Supers.

ryan roopnarine
01-12-2007, 11:00 AM
if you need them right away, any local euro car parts place should have them on hand. alternatively, discount auto parts's internet presence www.partsamerica.com (http://www.partsamerica.com) can have the NGK equivalent plug delivered to you for about 4.xx per plug plus shipping. its not something they keep in the store.

Bill R.
01-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Or if the attachment doesn't come through ,its a ngk bkr6ek

I've been trying to buy a set of Bosch Super F7LDCR for the 95 525iT I just picked up but all anyone (Napa, Autozone, Advance Auto) has for this car is Bosch Platinum 1/2/4 which I don't want or need. Can't even get a cross to a standard NGK. Is the Super NLA? What would be an equivelant NGK?

John B.
01-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Or if the attachment doesn't come through ,its a ngk bkr6ek

Thanks Bill, the local Napa only had 4 but will have the rest by tomorrow. What a pain trying to get plug info from these chains. They all list by car now & everybody shows the Platinum for the 525i M50.

As to trying my local Euro Car parts places they have all been driven out by the chains. I know some of you guys like Autozone but I've never had good luck finding what I need with them. If it doesn't pop up on the computer they are clueless.

Bill R.
01-12-2007, 11:38 AM
local buying from one of the small european/japanese import parts places here in town. They've been extremely competitive compared to autozone, who I now only buy batteries from for the most part. Partsamerica.com which is checkers/kragen/advance etc is usually more reasonable now than autozone also now.
Strange how autozone's prices have climbed and they just aren't that competitive anymore. Little details too, they don't answer the phone for 10 or 15 rings here on the commercial line and Checkers/partsamerica answers on the first or second ring.
At any rate i've started buying almost all the import parts that i get for customers cars from a small local outfit unless i order them from BMA or the dealer.

Thanks Bill, the local Napa only had 4 but will have the rest by tomorrow. What a pain trying to get plug info from these chains. They all list by car now & everybody shows the Platinum for the 525i M50.

As to trying my local Euro Car parts places they have all been driven out by the chains. I know some of you guys like Autozone but I've never had good luck finding what I need with them. If it doesn't pop up on the computer they are clueless.

John B.
01-12-2007, 11:38 AM
www.bavauto.com

Don't skimp. Order them from there and use them. I went through 3 sets of plugs till i bought those and it ran like crap on all but the Supers.

As to Bav Auto at $5 each they are making a good profit off of a $2 Bosch plug. I use NGK in all my other vehicles & prefer them over Bosch when I can find an equivalent.

John B.
01-12-2007, 12:04 PM
You're lucky to still have an independant these days. Our best & last Euro parts shop closed about two years ago & I don't think we'll see another. It was nice to walk in an mention a part for a Bimmer, Saab, Volvo or even (gasp) & Alfa Romeo and the guy actually knew what you were talking about.

BMA is my regular parts shop but I had the coils off & had no idea buying a simple Bosch plug locally would be so damn difficult. Napa ordered them yesterday & when I walk in this morning they hand me 6 Platinums!!

Bill - Did you get my email? If so I'd appreciate your thoughts.

brick8
01-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Same situation here. Very frustrating, all they know about are platinums and the guys at the counter never understand why I don't want platinums. Sometimes, Checkers will have the correct plugs in stock but they can't find them without searching the shelves because the computer won't cross-reference.

Bill R.
01-12-2007, 01:06 PM
You should have it now John. I think that the independant import parts houses here may actually survive and grow.

You're lucky to still have an independant these days. Our best & last Euro parts shop closed about two years ago & I don't think we'll see another. It was nice to walk in an mention a part for a Bimmer, Saab, Volvo or even (gasp) & Alfa Romeo and the guy actually knew what you were talking about.

BMA is my regular parts shop but I had the coils off & had no idea buying a simple Bosch plug locally would be so damn difficult. Napa ordered them yesterday & when I walk in this morning they hand me 6 Platinums!!

Bill - Did you get my email? If so I'd appreciate your thoughts.