PDA

View Full Version : Quick Help Now Leaking Tire!

BFEINZIMER
01-12-2007, 04:15 AM
Ok so I was driving my friend home from work and she lives ona corner so i pulled the car aroudn the corner and clipped the front passenger tire hard onthe curb, bad curb rash on outer rim about an inch long, and the tire got rashed, walk outside the car after i got home (1 mile drive) and hear hissing and see its a thin gash, i the tire will be deflated soon. so in the morning it will be flat, i dont have a torque rench and my spare is flat (air? puncture?)

so i will get a new tire or something (suggestions) tomorrow, but to prevent damage from the car resting on the rim overnight, what can i do right now?

im gonna see if i have any jackstands but the only jack i have is a bmw one (sucks) and maybe some 2x4s but pleease any suggestions hurry!!!!

i could also clal auto club to come do it, replace with spare and pump up the spare

ughh cmon people lol

coming back outside 10 mins later its almost flat so i just called auto club cuse my bmw jack is gay and yea...

curb rash is on outmost lip, top left, about an inch or so long...
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/BFEINZIMER/Photo_011207_001.jpg

i feel stupid haha

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/BFEINZIMER/uups.jpg

BillionPa
01-12-2007, 04:41 AM
wood planks under the jack point perhaps

would help if you could pump the tire up with something, or use flat-fix to get it higher off the ground so you have more room to put more wood.

24x7 supermarkets or gas stations would have it.

thats assuming she has a car you can use to get them.

BFEINZIMER
01-12-2007, 05:16 AM
auto club came out put on the spare but it looks flat and my air pump is dead so there sending out anotther turck cuse the first one doesent have air...

so tomorrow morning i just need one new tire...so my others have more than liek 50% tread...what should i get and shoudl i be concerned about the new tire combined with older tires?

Ross
01-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Buy a PAIR to match the old, put one on the spare rim and relegate the otherold one to service in the trunk. Now you have a matched set and a decent spare.

632 Regal
01-12-2007, 01:02 PM
agreed, 1 tire will probably cause the car to pull one way or the other.
Buy a PAIR to match the old, put one on the spare rim and relegate the otherold one to service in the trunk. Now you have a matched set and a decent spare.

BFEINZIMER
01-12-2007, 03:00 PM
ok so the spare is good it just needed air prob cuse itsd 17 years old

so should i still buy a pair say for the front 2 tires to make it balanced, so i dont have too much uneven wear?

my current tires are nitto nt460's rated H 130 mph...i have no idea what i should go for, if i buy 2? is this what i should do?