PDA

View Full Version : Need input on front bumper break...

shrike071
01-11-2007, 08:29 PM
So - I have this hole in my front bumper and I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to go about fixing it, covering it, or where I should get a replacement... Here's a pic - the hole is on the lower front left.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/shrike71/2007-01-10InStaceysbabydressBMW.jpg

Blitzkrieg Bob
01-11-2007, 08:50 PM
take it off clean it up, epxoy the backside to support the crack, fill cracks and scratches with glazing puddy, sand, clean again paint semi-gloss black.

put it back on the car.

John B.
01-11-2007, 09:15 PM
take it off clean it up, epxoy the backside to support the crack, fill cracks and scratches with glazing puddy, sand, clean again paint semi-gloss black.

put it back on the car.

Looks like there is a good size piece missing along with the cracks. If you have it plastic welding or adhesive would work.

shrike071
01-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Looks like there is a good size piece missing along with the cracks. If you have it plastic welding or adhesive would work.

Yes, there's a hole that's about 8"x4" and I have no idea where the piece went. I was thinking about getting a new bumper cover from eBay but all I see are fiberglass items, or super expensive ABS kits....