PDA

View Full Version : BMA Brake Kit special--Good deal?

semiretired
01-11-2007, 07:43 PM
BMA has a brake kit special going on now.

Cadmium-plated Brake Kit. Kit Includes Front And Rear Ate Cadmium Plated Rotors, Front And Rear Mintex Pads And Two Sensors. Cadmium Plated Rotors Helps Protect Your Rotors From The Elements Keeping Them Looking Clean And Clear Of Rust.

Advertised at $299 now vice $600.

I've never done the brakes on my E34 (always been an Indi/Stealer).

Question: Is this a pretty good deal, price wise?
Question: Is a brake job something too complex for a relative novice (such as myself)? I've got a Bentley's. Have read up on brakes section. Feel confident I could do a brake job given enough time.

Blitzkrieg Bob
01-11-2007, 07:49 PM
I paid close to that for just 4 Brembos from a local parts place

markus
01-11-2007, 08:09 PM
on a scale of 1-10 a brake job is about a 3. I have never taken a car to a shop to have brakes put on it and once you do it you will never pay to have brakes put on again. A bentley isnt needed since theres tons of writeups online and its basically the samer for any car. a few things you will need are a good jack, some jack stands, metric sockets and a nice long ratchet and cheater bar to break those caliper mouning bolts loose. You will need allen key sockets to loosen the slides and get an impact driver to remove the little screw that usually strips. These can be had at sears. Other than that its easy. Make sure u get some brake parts cleaner to clean the rotors off before you install.

jjdickm
01-12-2007, 12:46 AM
thats a good deal

632 Regal
01-12-2007, 01:26 AM
make it sound difficult...

on a scale of 1-10 a brake job is about a 3. I have never taken a car to a shop to have brakes put on it and once you do it you will never pay to have brakes put on again. A bentley isnt needed since theres tons of writeups online and its basically the samer for any car. a few things you will need are a good jack, some jack stands, metric sockets and a nice long ratchet and cheater bar to break those caliper mouning bolts loose. You will need allen key sockets to loosen the slides and get an impact driver to remove the little screw that usually strips. These can be had at sears. Other than that its easy. Make sure u get some brake parts cleaner to clean the rotors off before you install.