PDA

View Full Version : m5 springs up front?

steve0suprem0
01-11-2007, 03:58 PM
hey. it's me again. i should really be doing something at school, but i'm addicted. what can i say?

here we go: i'm pretty happy with the height in the rear, but the gap in the front is ghastly. so i notice this from e34.net:

"M5 springs: front works with any E34. Rear will not work unless you have a self-leveling suspension."

unfortunately, there's nada for details beyond that. so my question is this: what's the drop gonna be if i just replace the front springs with those of an m5? what else would i need to know if i did this? headlight adjustment? also, is this retarded? seems like it's probably the best idea out there since it's genuine bmw... right?

BillionPa
01-11-2007, 04:30 PM
the rear wheels dont have any gap because they dont need to turn.....

check the distance from the ground to the side skirts to the ground in the back and see if its the same as up front. if its the same and you add lowering springs to only the front, it will severely alter the center of gravity during braking, leading to dangerously bad handling.

steve0suprem0
01-11-2007, 04:36 PM
the rear wheels dont have any gap because they dont need to turn.....

check the distance from the ground to the side skirts to the ground in the back and see if its the same as up front. if its the same and you add lowering springs to only the front, it will severely alter the center of gravity during braking, leading to dangerously bad handling.

ah. duely noted. and it certainly looks to be the same, at least in my head... so there goes that idea. thanks for the infos.

BillionPa
01-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Eibach springs are a pretty good buy, nicely powder coated, and dont drop "much", just enough to look perfect. i am extremely happy with the results.

brodee
01-11-2007, 11:59 PM
I have M5 springs on the front of the touring. Dropped it about an inch with the 3mm pads.