BillionPa
01-10-2007, 06:52 AM
oh snap!

Ross
01-10-2007, 08:22 AM
I'll let someone else try this link

shogun
01-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Is known since a long time to me. Also the E34 owners manual is there.

Morgenster
01-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Is known since a long time to me. Also the E34 owners manual is there.

What 's the file name?
It's awfully confusing.

WaaD
01-10-2007, 09:40 AM
it is :

Bentley_BMW_5-Series_Service_Manual.pdf
(61.14 MB)

bimmerd00d
01-10-2007, 09:43 AM
In case it goes down, here's the Bentley, TIS, ETK, and Carsoft (might be useless to OBDI cars) hosted on my site.

http://bimmerd00d.com/other/bmw/

WaaD
01-10-2007, 09:53 AM
how do you run this ETK?

Morgenster
01-10-2007, 09:54 AM
it is :

Bentley_BMW_5-Series_Service_Manual.pdf
(61.14 MB)

Thanks, but I have the bentley. I was referring to the owners manual.

shogun
01-10-2007, 09:56 AM
As you have a 540, the Bentley E34 manual does not help you much for the V8 engine. Do you perhaps have the E32 B. somehwere which also covers the 740 V8 engine?

E34 owners manual: http://luuk.xs4all.nl/bmwboeken/bmwe34manual/

WaaD
01-10-2007, 09:59 AM
As you have a 540, the Bentley E34 manual does not help you much for the V8 engine. Do you perhaps have the E32 B. somehwere which also covers the 740 V8 engine?

E34 owners manual: http://luuk.xs4all.nl/bmwboeken/bmwe34manual/

Im sory but that is all :(

bimmerd00d
01-10-2007, 10:03 AM
how do you run this ETK?

Burn the CUE file to a cd (as a disc image), then install the SysAdm tool, which allows you to install the ETK from there. PM me during the install if you have any questions. TIS installs the same way from within the SysAdm tool. Here's a google result.

nstallation: (Sysadm)

Firstly, disable or close any Anti-Virus software that you may have running.

Before installing the ETK it will be necessary to install Sysadm.

Insert Disc 1 into your CD-ROM drive and from the start menu open the "RUN" command and type D:WIN95BMWETKSETUP.EXE or navigate manually to the file, replacing D with the actual letter of your drive if different.

Select your language for the setup interface and the Sysadm itself.

Installation: (ETK)

Run the newly installed Sysadm from the desktop shortcut or start menu.

From within the Sysadm, select EPC or ETK on the toolbar and then Install.

You will be prompted to select the market variation that you wish to have as default. Irrespective of where you are in the world I strongly recommend selecting Europe as this will allow access to ALL the world market variations (full options), which can easily be configured to your choice later within the programme. If you decide to install e.g. USA then you will have a restrictive range with options permanently greyed out and will need to uninstall and reinstall later should you wish to have access to the missing options.

The password for installing a market variation other than Europe = berlin56.

Select your country or language option for the setup (this is just for the setup interface only).

Insert Disc 2 when prompted. (You may have Windows Autoplay search the disc, this will not affect the installation. Simply close the folder after the installation has completed)

Select your language for the ETK configuration, leave all other fields blank.

WaaD
01-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Burn the CUE file to a cd (as a disc image), then install the SysAdm tool, which allows you to install the ETK from there. PM me during the install if you have any questions. TIS installs the same way from within the SysAdm tool. Here's a google result.

Insert Disc 1 into your CD-ROM drive and from the start menu open the "RUN" command and type D:WIN95BMWETKSETUP.EXE or navigate manually to the file, replacing D with the actual letter of your drive if different.

You will be prompted to select the market variation that you wish to have as default. Irrespective of where you are in the world I strongly recommend selecting Europe as this will allow access to ALL the world market variations (full options), which can easily be configured to your choice later within the programme. If you decide to install e.g. USA then you will have a restrictive range with options permanently greyed out and will need to uninstall and reinstall later should you wish to have access to the missing options.

Select your country or language option for the setup (this is just for the setup interface only).

Insert Disc 2 when prompted. (You may have Windows Autoplay search the disc, this will not affect the installation. Simply close the folder after the installation has completed)

Much Appreciated

Bill R.
01-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Dood, what version of the etk are you running? I'm running 2 versions, one is the 2004 etk and the other is the 2006 java version, both of which allow me to change the default settings instantly without uninstalling and reinstalling. I installed with USA settings and frequently change to euro, or any other country choice.

Also are you using this version of carsoft...?