PDA

View Full Version : headlights stay on after car is turned off

bryan1970
01-09-2007, 04:20 PM
so i have aproblem that i am hoping someone else has heard of. it all started with my girlfriend's sisters E34 her headlights would not stay on. i diagnosed that the LKM (light control module) was bad. so i replaced it. now a few weeks later her lights will not go off when the car is turned off and the lights are switched off. at first i could not get it to happen so i could fully diagnose the problem. so i swapped the new LKM from her car with my dads. and then my dad's car, his lights will stay on. so i got another LKM though maybe i just got a bad one. so i installed the new one in my dad's car and they still stay on intermittently. and when the lights stay on they will go out within 5 mins or so.

lol:D sooo anyone have any ideas?

bryan1970
01-11-2007, 07:19 AM
bump.

i think i figured it out i belive that there is a bad batch or modules out there
atleast the relays on the board i belive are bad

JMI
01-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Had a similar problem with my fog lights. They would stay on even after they were switched off. A good rap on the LKM and they would switch off. Got tired of it and bought a used one off ebay. Works the way it is supposed to :D

bryan1970
01-12-2007, 08:44 PM
was your lkm origianl to the car?