PDA

View Full Version : PDR - 535i is hood accessible from underneath?

JMI
01-09-2007, 02:59 PM
I have a shallow divet on my hood that I'd like to try 'paintless dent removal' on. Don't want to pull the insulation on the backside of hood if I can help it, worried it might come apart after 17 years but will try if I can access the ding from underneath. I don't know if there is any bracing or structual members there that will prevent PDR. If there is I will have it filled and painted.
See Picture:
http://usera.imagecave.com/jmi/divet.jpg

Anyone have a picture of the backside of a e34 hood without the insulation or know if the area is readily accessable from behind?

Thanks Much

Jim

Blitzkrieg Bob
01-09-2007, 03:07 PM
just remove the insulation, grab a couple of big spoons from the kitchen and try to bump them out with hand pressure.

JMI
01-09-2007, 03:15 PM
just remove the insulation, grab a couple of big spoons from the kitchen and try to bump them out with hand pressure.

Bob,
Thanks, but is it accessable? I had another dent up next to the roundel that had to be filled and painted because the was some bracing underneath that prevented access form below.

Jim

Blitzkrieg Bob
01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
a tool bewteen most of the bracing, or cut the glue to get more room.

You'll have to remove the insulation to see for sure cause there is a brace right along that ridge.