PDA

View Full Version : OT Why do some people ignore the warning?

Ross
01-09-2007, 11:17 AM
A friend of mine calls to say his car won't start. Would I have a look?
Being the friend(sucker) I am I go have a look. GMC Denali BTW.
Cranks ok. Has spark. Try some carb. cleaner down the intake in case of fuel delivery problem, no start. Battery now dead due to him cranking the F out of it. I need to go so tell him to put a charger on it, I'll come back and check for flooding.
Here is the kicker. Oh, by the way it has been real hard to start lately and it's been backfiring too. The gas mileage is even worse than usual. How long? I ask. For a couple weeks now.
WTF!! You can't protect people from themselves.
Am I an ******* if I just say tow it in somewhere??

Macv
01-09-2007, 03:30 PM
People that don't have any common sense can have someone else do it. Its sad, but I wouldn't waste my time on it.

colo525i
01-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Ross, no not really. Had a friend tell me his subaru was just overheating randomly and the cabin heat was dropping out. Told him it was 1. water pump/thermostat 2. headgaskets. Tell him to get the parts, he never replaces them (he doesn't have a day job). Eventually takes it in and cost him $2k for the headgaskets! It really isn't that hard to do the basic sort of things a car needs to stay running, like change oil. Don't feel bad if you don't want to deal with stupidity.

mikell
01-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Tell him he's gotta feed the horsie if he wants to ride.

TC535i
01-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Sounds like too rich, check for failed fuel pressure regulator?

Ross
01-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks, food for thought. Actually I can envision his 17 yr old son and buddies disconnecting same in an attempt to "rod" this thing.
Sonny drives it most and I strongly suspect is an abuser of machinery.