PDA

View Full Version : Wintertime Sanity Program in full swing....

Jr ///M5
01-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Despite the warm weather and unusually mild winter here in the Midwest,(except for that 15 incher) the Program is in full parts aquiring swing.

This winter's project will consist of Phase 2 of the suspension for the M5, plus an added bonus...

The upper steel and lower aluminum control arms are going to be replaced, along with new strut mounts, bump stops, and rear pitman arms and rear sway bar links. This is also part of her 16th birthday coming up in March. The rear subframe bushings were replaced this past fall at Dave R's place with Scott H., Brandon, and Kris. Phase One consisted of replacing the front orginal struts with Koni sports and changing out the accumulators for the rear self-leveling suspension. So with Phase 2 in place, she should ride and handle like a new one once again.

But wait...there's more!!!

After waiting patiently for all these years, somebody has finally rebased Philips Xenon 4300k to fit the 9006 housing, this meant that I had to aquire another BMW D2S ballast (I had one for Lori's car as a spare that I had forgot about) Enter Ebay and best offer deal... Since the M5 already has US ellipsoids, the conversion will be plug and play and will use all BMW parts. (sans the Philips rebase bulbs). I've always wanted HID's for the M5 but didn't want to do a hack job or go the Japanese route and didn't want to spend $1000 either. This ended up costing $216.24 for another BMW D2S ballast and 2 rebased Philips HID D2S bulbs. The best part about it is the factory connector on the ballast will fit directly onto the bulb just like the newer models to give a clean factory installation look. No splicing, no wierd pigtail connectors.

This will give me something to do for a little while, keep my mind off of the winter blahs, and heighten the anticipation for Springtime.

Jr

Gayle
01-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Do you have a toasty warm garage to play with the M5 in? You going round up the same crew to help? Nice luck about the lights.

Jr ///M5
01-09-2007, 06:59 AM
The garage is probably 45 degrees when it's zero outside, so it offers some warmth. I'm not able to hook up with the crew for their help this time. It is a blast when you can involve your friends to help and make a day out of it.