PDA

View Full Version : Racing Videos up finally!

DanDombrowski
04-23-2004, 03:55 PM
This was taken at gainesville raceway a couple of weeks ago when I reported my times, I finally got the videos from the person that took them. Unfortunately, they were taken with a digital camera that does videos, not an actual camera, so the quality isnt great, but if you would like to see better videos, you can send me your camera :).

Only one photo came out of my car, and the only way I know its my car is the little bit of silver trim, which is odd, because the whole place is lit-up like daylight with lights. You can see them on my website too, which is currently bieng worked on (read: nothing works).

Oh, as for the race, I went up against a supercharged firebird. Fair, huh?
I ran a 16.2 on that run.

GO GO GADGET VANOS! (http://plaza.ufl.edu/volvo240/DSCN5967.MOV)

Unregistered
04-23-2004, 04:46 PM
This was taken at gainesville raceway a couple of weeks ago when I reported my times, I finally got the videos from the person that took them. Unfortunately, they were taken with a digital camera that does videos, not an actual camera, so the quality isnt great, but if you would like to see better videos, you can send me your camera :).

Only one photo came out of my car, and the only way I know its my car is the little bit of silver trim, which is odd, because the whole place is lit-up like daylight with lights. You can see them on my website too, which is currently bieng worked on (read: nothing works).

Oh, as for the race, I went up against a supercharged firebird. Fair, huh?
I ran a 16.2 on that run.

GO GO GADGET VANOS! (http://plaza.ufl.edu/volvo240/DSCN5967.MOV)

DanDombrowski
04-23-2004, 05:14 PM
I won the first car I went up against (no video). Guy said it was a 330i but we suspect 318....went through the whole thing before. Anywho, that video is against a 13.5 that spun out on the launch and ran a 15.5. Theres another video on my website http://plaza.ufl.edu/volvo240/ that shows me going up against him again and I get worked. Oh well, I'm gonna get out there with the EAT chip soon and make some nice numbers.

ryan roopnarine
04-23-2004, 05:44 PM
and for that (EAT'd) i wanna be there to do a comparison....drop a line when you're going to go out there. ill shed all the krap i keep in the trunk....i wonder if its in the spirit of fairness to use S3 or manually shift an auto car when racing a stick ;)

DanDombrowski
04-24-2004, 09:11 AM
Will do. Um, forgive the ignorance, but what is S3? I only know 1, 2, 3, 4..
As for manually shifting, well, if it helps get you all the way to the red, go for it. I guess you would have to compare your times and see what gets you to the end faster.

When Im gonna be out there...well, its not gonna be next week unless its friday, and thats if I get the chip in time. After that, I dunno if I'm staying in Gainesville for the summer or not, but probably. I'll let you know the next time Im making a run out there.

and for that (EAT'd) i wanna be there to do a comparison....drop a line when you're going to go out there. ill shed all the krap i keep in the trunk....i wonder if its in the spirit of fairness to use S3 or manually shift an auto car when racing a stick ;)

ryan roopnarine
04-24-2004, 10:10 AM
s3 means that overdrive is locked out, as in sport 1, 2, 3, where you don't have to shift between. M is manual, which locks the transmission into whichever gear its in (no automatic downshifting). so fer racin', i'd go M 1 2 3, for the overdrive locked out race, i'd go s3 and floor it. E is overdrive. In the case of this car, it will easily go up to 6500 in e because of the kickdown switch under the accelerator, the S just gets it there faster (shifts are delayed)

Will do. Um, forgive the ignorance, but what is S3? I only know 1, 2, 3, 4..
As for manually shifting, well, if it helps get you all the way to the red, go for it. I guess you would have to compare your times and see what gets you to the end faster.

When Im gonna be out there...well, its not gonna be next week unless its friday, and thats if I get the chip in time. After that, I dunno if I'm staying in Gainesville for the summer or not, but probably. I'll let you know the next time Im making a run out there.