PDA

View Full Version : engine

playero
01-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Just found out that my car has a different engine on it. I knew that the engine have been replaced but I always thought that it was from the same car. What other years or model will fit mine?? I was looking at the real oem site for some parts and what they show is not like what the car has. Is no major deal but I will like to know which other model/year will fit onto a '95 525i, 5/95 production date.

Antrieb
01-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Does it have MPOWER stamped in big letters on the valve cover?

brosher
01-08-2007, 10:20 AM
What evidence do you have that it is different? It could be the updated M52 from an E39 or an S52 from an M3.

ILoveMPower
01-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Take a picture :)

playero
01-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks to all. I know the engine has been replaced, I saw the previous owner rfemoving the old one and the new one on the floor. All this happened by me chasing an oil leak from the oil dipstick, I had to take the intake manifold in order to replace this ring wihtout braking it. When I went to the dealer to get the "O" ring, I look at the screen and the brackets tha hold this thing to the engine are different than the ones on my car. Is just the brackets that hold it together, as everything else is the same. I wish the engine had a big "M" on it but it does not. It runs great, just that I also went to a salvage yard and look at a car similar to mine and the dipstick did match the diagram of the dealer and the one at real oem. I wish I could take a pic, but I put the car in a locked storage as I am leaving for Afghanistan tommorow...