PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this product before?

Rick L
01-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Anyone seen this product before?

http://www.f2pelectronics.com/

http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?products_id=619

I just install it on my car and just works great... For all those people out there who doesn't have Homelink built-in your car, you could install this product and use your brights (by flashing twice) will open your garage door. It's very cool!!!

Jehu
01-08-2007, 12:47 AM
cool, now all i need is a garage...

ILoveMPower
01-08-2007, 02:32 AM
Pretty cool!

Yeah, I need a garage :P

BillionPa
01-08-2007, 03:37 AM
my method is as effective but certainly not as stealthy (although more so than homelink or a remote). i will post a pic tomorrow.

tdgard
01-09-2007, 04:16 PM
There used to be an article about integrating the telephone push button into a remote. Never did it--just keep mine clipped to the sun visor. The wires are accessible in the trunk & it seemed pretty slick.

TC535i
01-09-2007, 04:30 PM
My girlfriend wired a momentary pushbutton in place of a euro fog light button on her E36, and took the guts out of a garage door opener remote, and wired it in... works great, looks stock!

bimmerd00d
01-09-2007, 04:39 PM
If you order, support a fellow E39 owner and order from European Auto Source. Tom is a GREAT person to deal with.

BillionPa
01-09-2007, 05:23 PM
yea thats what i did, but the button location is different.

power is run parallel to the dome light with a resistor, so you need the light on for it to work. an antenna was soldered to the circuit board and run forward flat against the roof for better range. the circuit board is hot glue gunned to the top of the panel.

BillionPa
01-11-2007, 05:06 AM
There used to be an article about integrating the telephone push button into a remote. Never did it--just keep mine clipped to the sun visor. The wires are accessible in the trunk & it seemed pretty slick.

k, so, where does that push button wiring end up, as that function could be pretty useful.

also, anyone know if the cruise control functions travel through the rear wiring before going to the engine bay?

tdgard
01-11-2007, 08:09 PM
k, so, where does that push button wiring end up, as that function could be pretty useful.

also, anyone know if the cruise control functions travel through the rear wiring before going to the engine bay?

Not quite sure. It's in the trunk & part of whichever harness would hook up to the factory phone. Wish I could find the article. It's probably pretty easy to ring out if you find the phone connector.

BillionPa
01-11-2007, 10:09 PM
there is a single white wire running under the steering wheel, that grounds when the button is pushed, so you can solder it to the switch of a remote, bam!

BillionPa
01-11-2007, 10:11 PM
and by that answer i did find the wiring schematic, its fairly complex for the cruise control, which im gonna wire into a headunit to control volume functions and track control. i dont use the cruise control anyway, but im gonna wire it so that i can switch between the 2 functions instantly.

still not 100% sure how im gonna do that, and i still need to find a headunit that would be wiring compatible, and that matches the stock lighting

BillionPa
01-11-2007, 11:33 PM
ok, found the 3 pin phone interface plug X1404, and some other plug with a ground interface on it.

im either gonna build some kind of interface that allows a dual button remote to control 2 doors using the phone button, by adding a switch under there, or wire the X1132 white wire under the dash directly into where the little pushbutton i added went, and replace the pushbutton with a 3 pin dual position switch to change beween garage doors.

... i like the second option better!

Ross
01-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Hey a Bi Turbo! I had one of those, an '87 fuelie version, a barrel of monkeys to drive, when it ran. Haven't seen one in quite a while. How is yours?

BillionPa
01-16-2007, 12:01 AM
well, it seems the X1132 plug is EXTREMELY obvious and easy to find. i wired the switch into it, finished soldering the remote, and reinstalled it.

it worked!

the switch controls the function of the button now, so i can still retain its original function if so desired. switch location is right next to the hood release just hanging for the time being.

right now the switch is a 4 position and goes to the 3 buttons on the remote, and the other one does nothing.... yet.