PDA

View Full Version : Question about rubber seal around parking lights - front

repenttokyo
01-07-2007, 05:28 PM
I installed my clear corners today to replace my cracked parking lights, and I discovered that they didn't come with the rubber seal that goes around the stock lights. Is the solution to use the old rubber seal from the stock lights? What is the best way to get it to stick to the new lights?

ericcamaro
01-07-2007, 09:46 PM
I installed my clear corners today to replace my cracked parking lights, and I discovered that they didn't come with the rubber seal that goes around the stock lights. Is the solution to use the old rubber seal from the stock lights? What is the best way to get it to stick to the new lights?
Im guessing you bought some cheapo's off ebay. I wouldnt put em on without the seals, if you can reuse the ones off your stock ones go for it but I dont think youll get em off in one piece. The lights you got should have already had these rubber seals on them. Id return them, if you can. dont put em on without the seals, itll prolly just chip the paint around the lights without the rubber.

repenttokyo
01-07-2007, 09:47 PM
well, the lights aren't touching any paint, there's just a gap between where the lights end and the fender begins. i was more worried about water getting in than anything else.

Dave M
01-07-2007, 09:52 PM
well, the lights aren't touching any paint, there's just a gap between where the lights end and the fender begins. i was more worried about water getting in than anything else.

Yep, the seals are meant to prevent water and $hit from getting in behind. Even the cheapo clears should come with rubber which, however, will crack within 6 months (I've had them and switched to the hellas).

My humble opinion is to try and get you $$ back, then get the hellas.

Dave M

repenttokyo
01-07-2007, 10:17 PM
for 25 dollars, it would be too much of a hassle to try to get a refund. i'll take the rubber from the old lights and put it on, and then be that much wiser in the future.

Qube
01-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Reuse the old ones. Put clear silicon sealant around then put the rubber on.

ericcamaro
01-08-2007, 01:42 AM
part# and source for clear hella corners??