PDA

View Full Version : Spring thoughts (not the season)

ericbendler
01-07-2007, 01:54 AM
Well let me tell ya. I have had Eibach all the way around but have rubbed myself through a set of tires.

I recently upgraded from the blown out 14 year old OEM's to a rear setup of Racing Dynamics (Eiback still up front) in the back with KYB's in the back.

I know I have a lot of tire (235/45/18), so do you guys think it would look good to switch to the stock setup (springs) to level the look of the car out?
I included some pics if anyone is enthusiastic enough to look.

Has anyone ever heard of eibach in the front & stock in the back? Might it throw my brake dynamics or any other high speed thing off? I don't race, and I want my expensive tires to last.

http://community.webshots.com/album/556700959Ynxlvn

Thats the link. I hope some people weight in. I really respect the opinions on this forum.

markus
01-07-2007, 02:06 AM
im no expert on tires and wheels here but from my understanding is the E34 requires a 40 series tire if u run an 18. If your tires are too tall then yes, they will rub when you turn.

also i wouldnt mix springs and shocks on a car. you cant use gas and hydralic shocks on the same car.

Im actually in the process of putting new bilsteins and eibachs on my car and finishing up tommorow. Im pretty excited to feel the result and when income tax return comes ill be getting some 17 inch ASA AR1s for her. If you want to talk about blown out shocks i should show u the fronts i took off. the drivers side one is so bad it wouldnt even rebound once i pushed it into the housing. hmm, probly the reaso why the car wanted to go to the left whenever i hit a bump hard. but i already have the fronts together and the rear ones assembled. now all i gotta do is bolt em in and R&R the rear ones and im ready to roll.

s_ribbens
01-07-2007, 03:42 AM
Tire is definitely too tall. Go for a 245/40-18 or 235/40-18 (which will be slightly short). I have zero rubbing issues with a 18x9.5 in back with 275/35-18 tires. Stock springs for now but that won't matter.

Qube
01-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Switch from 45/18 to 40/18.