PDA

View Full Version : I moved Bimmer.info to new server, who is on chelby.com and who is on bimmer.info

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-23-2004, 08:46 AM
Weird, I know it'll take time for my server move change in DNS to propegate across the Internet, but at least for me, I was pointing to the new one yesterday, and now today I'm pointing back at the old one.

Here's how I can tell, when I go to bimmer.info, I get redirected to ns1.chelby.com, that's because the old DNS entry is in use, and I placed a URL redirect on the old server to chelby.com, which just happens to use the same virtual server as the new bimmer.info, and uses the same DB.

Now if you're pointing to the updated DNS entry, you'd go right to the new server, and not see any chelby.com stuff in the URL.

So, right now, as you look at this page, does your URL at the top point to chelby.com or bimmer.info?

G Feller
04-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Weird, I know it'll take time for my server move change in DNS to propegate across the Internet, but at least for me, I was pointing to the new one yesterday, and now today I'm pointing back at the old one.

Here's how I can tell, when I go to bimmer.info, I get redirected to ns1.chelby.com, that's because the old DNS entry is in use, and I placed a URL redirect on the old server to chelby.com, which just happens to use the same virtual server as the new bimmer.info, and uses the same DB.

Now if you're pointing to the updated DNS entry, you'd go right to the new server, and not see any chelby.com stuff in the URL.

So, right now, as you look at this page, does your URL at the top point to chelby.com or bimmer.info?

632 Regal
04-23-2004, 09:43 AM

G Feller
04-23-2004, 09:47 AM
"File Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server."

:( I feel cold and alone.

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-23-2004, 09:56 AM
If you're still being redirected to chelby.com, that link will not work for you. You'll have to change the bimmer.info to chelby.com

We need like 24 hours for DNS to propegate my change (my new IP for my Bimmer.info server) all the way across the Internet and then the world will be round again.

Regal is also just showing us that he is pointing correctly to the new server. That link is to this page.

DueyT
04-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Ed, my work DNS (gov't :p) is still pointing to bimmer.info, but my home ISP (sympatico.ca) is now pointing to chelby.com.

Cheers,
Duey

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-23-2004, 10:31 AM
actually, you want to be pointing at bimmer.info

the chelby.com is a workaround to get you to the new server location

632 Regal
04-23-2004, 10:40 AM
I have no idea what im doing

MicahO
04-23-2004, 10:44 AM
nt

Warren N.CA
04-23-2004, 11:00 AM

warton
04-23-2004, 11:32 AM
nt

Deke NorCal
04-23-2004, 11:48 AM
bimmer.info here

Mr Project
04-23-2004, 12:31 PM
bimmer.info for me, all seems to work well.

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-23-2004, 01:24 PM
eventually all should say bimmer.info and all links will work. Thanks all

G Feller
04-23-2004, 01:52 PM
eventually all should say bimmer.info and all links will work. Thanks all

AllanS
04-23-2004, 02:12 PM
I'm on Chelby at work, but right now (NYC) I'm on bimmer.....

Paul in NZ
04-23-2004, 11:37 PM
nt :D

DueyT
04-25-2004, 05:35 PM
DNS updt must have gone through....bimmer.info now.

shragon
04-25-2004, 07:03 PM
might wanna place an updated link on bimmernut.com as it comes up as "file not found". just a suggestion for those who have placed bookmarks like myself.

as always, thanks for all the hard work to provide this forum for us.

Bill R.
04-25-2004, 07:33 PM
might wanna place an updated link on bimmernut.com as it comes up as "file not found". just a suggestion for those who have placed bookmarks like myself.

as always, thanks for all the hard work to provide this forum for us.

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-25-2004, 08:46 PM
All those who had USERID's on the old server are down right now. I have to move the users and their data to the new server. But as it happens, the old server has been down all day. The new server here at the house if fine, so the board is OK. This is exactly why I wanted to move the server from that colo, they are hard to get ahold of.

Anyway, my problems continue, and I've still got much work to do. So as soon as that old server comes back up I will move users like ~Billr over.

scott540
04-26-2004, 10:40 AM
I still get server not found. Luckily, I thought to go to Bruno's site, clicked on Forums and found my home. I was freaking out last night and this morning. Thanks for all the work Ed

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Bill R.

I'm uploading your uesrid location with your pics right now to the new server. Should be there.

I'll need to send you your new password.