PDA

View Full Version : UUC Delrin inserts?

Jon K
01-06-2007, 06:05 PM
UUC delrin inserts are available in two forms, "Oval" and "Round". The application is not specific as to which I should use on my '92 525i. Does anyone know which one I should buy? "Round" is backordered.

Kalevera
01-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Assuming you're talking about the shift console inserts, the difference is in what the console takes from the factory. Early E34 use round, later cars (540) are oval. I don't remember what early M50 use, but I think it's round. Have a look on ETK or check your console.

The other thing is, from practical experience and installing these in plenty of cars, I have to say (as some customers have said) that it is probably one of the most worthless upgrades you can do -- the stock shift parts are plenty good. But, like the underdrive pulleys, some people just have to have them.

Jon K
01-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Assuming you're talking about the shift console inserts, the difference is in what the console takes from the factory. Early E34 use round, later cars (540) are oval. I don't remember what early M50 use, but I think it's round. Have a look on ETK or check your console.

The other thing is, from practical experience and installing these in plenty of cars, I have to say (as some customers have said) that it is probably one of the most worthless upgrades you can do -- the stock shift parts are plenty good. But, like the underdrive pulleys, some people just have to have them.

I suppose stock would work but Autohaus didn't stock the original rubber piece there. I guess I will go to the dealer and bend over.