PDA

View Full Version : mirror control problem

Davendallas
04-23-2004, 06:57 AM
I have a '90 735il. The mirror control has a problem in which nothing works except in one position; the mirror will move outward, but that's it. Anyone have any advice on this? Before I tear into the door panel I wondered if this was as likely to be in some relay rather that in the door itself. The switch has been replaced. Any help appreciated.

Phil Sanderson
04-23-2004, 07:34 AM
I have a similar problem on my '89 525i after fitting later model mirrors. I'm sure I connected all the wires up correctly but now one mirror only works, going up only- not down or side to side. The other mirror won't move at all and if you keep your finger on the switch to move it eventually the fuse blows. I replaced the switch as well but it made no difference. I am not aware of any relays for the mirrors but there are fuses (which I've checked). The only thing I have not checked is the mirror wiring where it goes through the door jamb. I was thinking that the wires may break due to the constant opening and closing of the doors - similar to the E34 problem of breaking wires on the trunk lid hinge.