PDA

View Full Version : Going to take board down in a half hour to move the DB, this time I know it'll work.

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-22-2004, 11:12 PM
I found out what the problem was during the last couple tries, and now I think I got it. This time it'll work.

So, at 11:30 PM YESTERDAY central time, down comes the board again. Sorry for the inconvenience, and I hope this will be the last time.
THE MOVE IS OVER

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-23-2004, 12:06 AM
We should be up and operational on the new server.

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-23-2004, 12:32 AM
So, we're on the new server, how's your response time dudes?

Bruno
04-23-2004, 06:41 AM
So, we're on the new server, how's your response time dudes?

Server seems faster to load.. I like it much better. Thansk for the effort.

Phil Sanderson
04-23-2004, 07:23 AM
It is faster for me (dial-up), Thanks Ed

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Now that the server is local to me, I'm actaully able to see where some slowdowns are. I also have ideas on how to make this application scream. I see some of the slowdowns are in the actual execution of the SQL. I can now install a DB server with lots of CPU's and make the DB access act like it's been chipped with an EAT!

G Feller
04-23-2004, 08:58 AM
A good thing for all of us. Thanks again for all your hard work in keeping this wonderful community together.

Now that the server is local to me, I'm actaully able to see where some slowdowns are. I also have ideas on how to make this application scream. I see some of the slowdowns are in the actual execution of the SQL. I can now install a DB server with lots of CPU's and make the DB access act like it's been chipped with an EAT!