PDA

View Full Version : Baammmmm!

My540i
04-22-2004, 07:29 PM
That was the sound of my 89 535i slamming into the cab of the flatbed when the rear chain slipped loose and the truck stopped at an intersection. The metal bar right behind the cab saved us from injury by did a number on the 535's grill. Anyway, the towing company is going to make it good (they happen to be a body shop) but they are having trouble finding the parts. If anyone has any front end parts or know of a parts car I'd appreicate the info. Basicly the kidney grills and all the black plastic pieces conntected to it and around the headlights are toast. The right fog light area also took a beating. Thanks, Doug.

Mr Project
04-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Ouch! Sorry to hear that! Personally, I'd insist on new OEM parts for replacement, since it's obviously their fault. I'm also not sure I'd trust them to fix it in-house unless I knew them well. They'd be motivated to fix it as cheaply as possible since it's coming out of their own pockets. Take it someplace reputable and send them the bill. For parts I'd try the local dealer and here:

www.bmaparts.com
www.carpartswholesale.com (not OEM)

Tiger
04-23-2004, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear about your car. I am confused by your screen name... My540i... but you only got a 535i.

My540i
04-24-2004, 07:18 AM
I have been down to there shop and they are a reputable business but I think your right about the OEM parts. I'm going to see about availabilty today.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that! Personally, I'd insist on new OEM parts for replacement, since it's obviously their fault. I'm also not sure I'd trust them to fix it in-house unless I knew them well. They'd be motivated to fix it as cheaply as possible since it's coming out of their own pockets. Take it someplace reputable and send them the bill. For parts I'd try the local dealer and here:

www.bmaparts.com
www.carpartswholesale.com (not OEM)

My540i
04-24-2004, 07:24 AM
Only a 535i!? ;-) My first car (and current daily driver) is a 95 540i. When I decided to start tracking and xcrossing I didn't want to take a chance with the 540 so I found a 5-speed 535i for five grand. Springs, shocks, bars, camber plates, wheels and a harness later it's a blast on the track. Hard to believe the first damage to the car was when it wasn't being driven. Dooohhh!

Sorry to hear about your car. I am confused by your screen name... My540i... but you only got a 535i.