PDA

View Full Version : M3 accident - but I only have a quick question

ber55ber55
01-04-2007, 11:55 AM
I recently messed up my M pretty bad. I have a right rear thrust arm that Im not sure if its bent. If it is, then it would be an easy fix and I just replace the arm. If not, then the chassis is bent (with the arm on, the wheel isnt straight). My question is this : does anyone have a thrust arm for cheap, or lives relatively close to me so that I can compare my arm to theirs? Or has the measurements so that I can measure to see if mine is the same. Thanks

Im in the ventury area of california.

winfred
01-04-2007, 01:48 PM
those shitty rolled sheet metal arms that point at the diff are very easy to bend and that usually protects the rest of the suspension from damage, the axle can get trashed if it goes to far and binds the cv, they are the same arm left and right, and should be perfectly straight and the two legs should not touch till they meet at the weld by the diff, pain in the ass to get the bolt out without pulling the diff but it's possible
33 32 6 770 813, Control Arm $111 list can probably be found in the $70-85 range new if you shop

ber55ber55
01-04-2007, 06:49 PM
my bad, not the thrust arm, the trailing arm..... but im gonna see if i can compare it to the left side. Thanks for your help though

ber55ber55
01-04-2007, 06:51 PM
i am also looking for a silver/unpainted, hood, and L and R front fender. As well as a right door, windshield and front bumper with light assembly. Carbon fiber hood would be prefered. Looking for decent prices and sellers that are local. It is a 99 coupe by the way.

winfred
01-04-2007, 08:30 PM
those are pretty strong and usually break instead of bending

my bad, not the thrust arm, the trailing arm..... but im gonna see if i can compare it to the left side. Thanks for your help though