PDA

View Full Version : Calling all transmission guros!!!

TheEndIsNear
01-04-2007, 01:22 AM
Well the time has come to pull the transmission on the 525i. I'm going to do it myself so any and all tips are welcome. I'm still unsure what I'm doing as far as a replacement... I found a place in Seattle that has used transmissions for around $600 but I'd much rather drop her off to a rebuilder. If anyone is or knows a cost effective transmission rebuilder please drop me a line. I'd rebuild it myself but I'm not sure I'd know where to start.

BTW; Damn it's nice to be back on the forum again. For those who remember me, "Hi how are you doing and what's new?" and for those who have no idea, "Hi I'm Josh."

TheEndIsNear
01-04-2007, 01:23 AM
Oops, sorry... It's a 1990 525iA.

632 Regal
01-04-2007, 01:52 AM
hows your boy doing Josh? must be 5 or 6 by now...time to let him breath the wrenches?

trans is a plug n play as long as you get the right replacement or its rebuilt corectly, id wager on the used job first.

TheEndIsNear
01-04-2007, 02:05 AM
hows your boy doing Josh? must be 5 or 6 by now...time to let him breath the wrenches?

trans is a plug n play as long as you get the right replacement or its rebuilt corectly, id wager on the used job first.

He's doing great. Alex will actually be 2 here real quick in Feb. And he does help me out now that I moved out of the ghetto. We relocated to 11 acres on the hill in Newcastle, WA. I have a huge paved driveway and a 3 car garage. He will actually be helping me do a fuel pump in an eclipse during the day Fri. So how has life been treating you?