PDA

View Full Version : Update: Eibach Springs & OpParts Rotors

MTV
01-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Well it's been almost a month since I installed the Eibach Springs and OpPart front rotors with Mintex pads. So far the Eibach and OE Boge shock combo is exactly the ride I am looking for. The ride is not harsh at all but at the same time it gives me the added confidence of stability when taking corners at a higher amount of speed. It is noticeably stiffer than stock but not jarring. The car tracks much better than the stock set-up but that should be expected with the lower center of gravity. When this set of shocks are ready for replacement I am considering a set of OE Sachs shocks.

As for the rotors and pads. The shimmy under braking from 70-75 has completely been eliminated. There is no shimmy what so ever under braking and acceleration. But the pads are a different story... They are great but create so much brake dust compared to the stock pads I used to have that it only takes a few days before there is a noticeable layer present. I think I will start saving up for Akebono pads on all fours. I've read a lot of great feedback for these pads. I would appreciate more suggestions with regards to pads that create minimal brake dust.

:)

Denton
01-03-2007, 06:45 PM
I got Akebono Euro pads from TireRack. Expensive as hell but I'm very satisfied. ATE rotors.

I ordered from TireRack because the Rock Auto site was not taking my credit card. I wish their site was working properly becuase they were significantly cheaper.

The dust is minimal, and is beige rather than black so it's not very noticable. I've driven 1000 miles on them and only cleaned the wheels once, and that's because I detailed the car. Much much much less dust than my old OE pads with the same stopping power. I can detect no difference. Also haven't even heard a squeak from them.

Blitzkrieg Bob
01-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Brembo rotors and Raybestos QS on all fours.

Pretty clean, quiet and smooth stopping.

MTV
01-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Denton & Blitzkrieg Bob - Thank you for the feedback.