PDA

View Full Version : Throw Out the Laser Cut Keys. BMW Decoder Tool Exposed

Rick L
01-02-2007, 11:32 PM
So, you think BMW laser cut keys are temper-proof? Think again!!!

Throw Out the Laser Cut Keys. BMW Decoder Tool Exposed

See the video link below:
http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/video-throw-out-the-laser-cut-keys-bmw-decoder-tool-exposed

It’s scary how easy it really is to steal your car…!!!:(

BMWCCA1
01-03-2007, 12:06 AM
It's interesting and was posted here recently. But they can't steal your (or my) car with a cut key because we have EWS-II. They can get in and steal anything you keep in the car, but it's unlikely they'll be able to start it or drive off with it. A real thief uses a roll-back anyway. Why would they stand out in the street checking codes in your locks? Just back up, drag it on, and be off in 60-seconds. I believe we flatter ourselves in thinking anyone would expend the same effort to steal our cars as they would a new M6 Convertible, given the choice. I feel pretty safe.

winfred
01-03-2007, 12:21 AM
neat tool, you still need to fool ews to actually drive off but it would unlock the steering and shifter so it could be easily towed, i want one :D

CharlesAFerg
01-03-2007, 12:26 AM
It's interesting and was posted here recently. But they can't steal your (or my) car with a cut key because we have EWS-II. They can get in and steal anything you keep in the car, but it's unlikely they'll be able to start it or drive off with it. A real thief uses a roll-back anyway. Why would they stand out in the street checking codes in your locks? Just back up, drag it on, and be off in 60-seconds. I believe we flatter ourselves in thinking anyone would expend the same effort to steal our cars as they would a new M6 Convertible, given the choice. I feel pretty safe.

Tell that to the Honda civic guys...

The real issue isn't if they want our cars or not, because who wants a honda civic?

Well, parts are always in demand for them.
So you are half-right, and the rest is just opportunitistic.

Milkboot
01-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Reminds me of back in the day with my bump key set, learned REAL quick how to use it when like a dumbass i locked myself out of the house learning ow to use it ;)

Blitzkrieg Bob
01-03-2007, 12:41 AM
the key to the city

Milkboot
01-03-2007, 01:24 AM
That one is a new one to me, I am sure one of my uncles knows about that tho :P

Incantation
01-03-2007, 02:39 PM
other than bypassing.. is there any way to actually fool the system?

winfred
01-03-2007, 05:26 PM
on the later ones theres not really anything to bypass as it's built into the engine computer, it's a pain in the ass because you need to get replacement computers coded with a expensive piece of equipment, theres one shop in baton rouge besides the dealer that can do it and it sucks to have to take it across town and get it zapped and then see if that was the problem, like the general module on e38s needs to be coded and it ****s with even more stuff on the car then e34 gm's

other than bypassing.. is there any way to actually fool the system?

Incantation
01-04-2007, 01:58 AM
that's too bad.. i was gonna start ripping off bmw's. unfortunately the tow-truck method is a little bit too heaty