PDA

View Full Version : Ot: speed tv

markus
01-01-2007, 01:11 PM
they have nothing better to show than pre-recorded barret jackson car auctions?

that channel blows. speedvision was good

BlueM60
01-01-2007, 01:45 PM
I agree Markus. I used to be a huge Speed watcher but now its nothing but the previously stated Barret Jackson re-runs and low budget, commercial filled mucslecar shows. Oh yea, and 90% Nascar! I miss Shadetree Mechanic on TNN, that was by far my fav. show, Sam and Dave were great. There new show (Two Guys Garage) isnt nearly as good. Its merely an infomercial for a specific product in disguise.

-Ben

rickm
01-01-2007, 02:01 PM
I had it for a while just to watch WRC. They took that off and it's become a freaking informercial. :P

Chowchilla Skunkwerks
01-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Don't forget that "chucklehead" from Jersey pimping rides...What a joke.

They should start the Touring car championship races pretty soon......
Rob

BlueM60
01-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Which one is that? The Unique Whips guy? That guy thinks he's the **** because he can sparay paint the intereior of a $500,000 Lambo. Not to mention have his crew drill numerous holes in the bodywork. What a shame.

RallyD
01-01-2007, 02:50 PM
unique autosport, what a bunch of herbs. It blows me away that people would intrust their fine autos with those clowns. I mean if I found out that two dweebs named Reme and Chet were bumping into eachother looking for my missing door panel that somehow got thrown out in the dumpster, sheesh.

nascar blows, just take a look at the fans. make a friggin' right turn already

barrett jackson blows, overpriced and slow paced, "Hey look at me I just spent way too much on a car so I could be on TV!"

Don't even get me started with all the ricer crap, tuner challenge, drifting retard, etc.

I miss Legends of Motorsport, WRC, and real road course coverage, not bobsled.

markus
01-01-2007, 04:02 PM
hahah dopnt forget the poker coverage too.

but i agree. legends of motorsport was awesome to watch every night at 6pm. david hobbs was a good host. they still have WRC? i havent seen any coverage in well over a year. speed tv started going downhill with lame ass shows like "tuner transformation". i hated that one deouchebag who was all about slapping stickers on the car. I remember they did a 95 M3 and came out great. Bilstein suspension, turner motorsport cams and tuning, they upgraded the headlights too and put some nice 18 inch OZ wheels on it. They had the deouchbeag put a big blue lightning bolt along the side of a red M3 they just had repainted. They shoulda put a 5-speed in it too because it ws an auto.

BlueM60
01-01-2007, 04:24 PM
while on the subject of auto TV, I have to ask, what is up with these overdramatic builder shows like American Chopper, and the one with Boyd Cottington (American Muscle?) All they do the whole damn time is fight, scream at each other and generally appear totally unprofessional. Theres always that "looming dealine" of like 6 days to build a half million dollar car for a superstar. Are you kidding me? Why the hell are they always in such a rush, just for dramatic effect? if Im spending that kind of money to have a "custom" car built, take some time with it. If it wasnt for quality programming like TLC and Discovery, Id have nothing to watch on TV. I just cant find any better shows than "Dirty jobs" or "Extreme enginnering"- what a badass show.

-Ben

bigtisas
01-01-2007, 05:24 PM
IMO, the best auto tv show is Top Gear from UK. It's funny, informative and creative. I watched most of them on youtube. Greaaat show.

BlueM60
01-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Ha, that is a good one. My fav is the one where they tried to kill the Toyota pickup. They drowned it, burned it, hit a wall with it and dropped it off a building. It still ran at the end.

-Ben

SharkmanBMW
01-01-2007, 05:58 PM
I agree with everything you all have said about speed.... lame as nascar, all the good stuff is gone and the F1 coverage is getting worse every year.

I wish they would do Pay per View F1, WRC and other great events so we could get the best cam views, all the time, no commercial, infomercial ********.

Pinks was cool but has gone to ****, they try to make it dramatic when it isn't...

The best thing on speed recently was their coverage Saturday of Snowmobile track racing which is awesome to watch.... tons of HP and 2 stroke exhaust - ya gotta love it!
Those riders are tough, 400LB sleds have to be a bitch to hang onto!

markus
01-01-2007, 06:00 PM
i remember they used to have lawnmower racing on

rickm
01-01-2007, 06:26 PM
while on the subject of auto TV, I have to ask, what is up with these overdramatic builder shows like American Chopper, and the one with Boyd Cottington (American Muscle?) All they do the whole damn time is fight, scream at each other and generally appear totally unprofessional. Theres always that "looming dealine" of like 6 days to build a half million dollar car for a superstar. Are you kidding me? Why the hell are they always in such a rush, just for dramatic effect? if Im spending that kind of money to have a "custom" car built, take some time with it. If it wasnt for quality programming like TLC and Discovery, Id have nothing to watch on TV. I just cant find any better shows than "Dirty jobs" or "Extreme enginnering"- what a badass show.

-Ben

They act like that because it gets viewers. The same people who watch American Idol probably tune in for "American Chopper" too. Build the damn bike, get it out of the way. Got problems? Stay the hell home and man up. For all the chest puffing they do they sure act like a bunch of damn nancies.

If you have to work 24/7 to finish a job then you're not doing something right. If they spent more time working and less time wanking off about the fact that dad told his son he was an idiot (apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, does it?) they'd finish in plenty of time - which wouldn't get viewers. It's the same at work. I have 300 people to support in a 40h week. I never work OT. The guy in the area a few over from me has 100 people and is in the office 6 days/week because he's freaking ineffective.

Oh, what's TV? :D

BlueM60
01-01-2007, 06:47 PM
I have to say I thought Pinks! sucked from the get-go. All they do is are gue over car lengths! What kind of racing is that? I could bring my 4 cyl. Jeep out there and beat anything with enough car lengths given. They should race heads up, run what ya brung reguardless. Unfortunately Christiansen sp? the host is also a deuchebag. Oh, Seinfeld is on, gotta go!

-Ben

attack eagle
01-02-2007, 06:36 PM
I agree Markus. I used to be a huge Speed watcher but now its nothing but the previously stated Barret Jackson re-runs and low budget, commercial filled mucslecar shows. Oh yea, and 90% Nascar! I miss Shadetree Mechanic on TNN, that was by far my fav. show, Sam and Dave were great. There new show (Two Guys Garage) isnt nearly as good. Its merely an infomercial for a specific product in disguise.

-Ben
AND don't forget that their shop A/F wideband only reads to 22:1 because there is only 22% oxygen in the atmosphere, so that is as much oxygen as you can get into the cylinder...
*smirk*

And don't forget to pick up a tornado.

Shade tree was good, 2guys is a comedy of errors.

I miss Rides.

and since there is a dearth of good CAR TV, I do end up watching American Hot rod... you wonder who actually built the great cars like Chezoom... Foose maybe? Always funny to watch Overhaulin a few months later and see some familiar faces pop up. I DVR Overhaulin and use the skip button a lot. Great 15 minute show... too bad it's an hour IRL.

I miss Legends of Motorsport as well...

BimmerMeUp
01-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Oh, Seinfeld is on, gotta go!
-Ben
What color what his E-34? You know, the one the valet stunk up...

BimmerMeUp
01-02-2007, 08:18 PM
unique autosport, what a bunch of herbs. It blows me away that people would intrust their fine autos with those clowns. I mean if I found out that two dweebs named Reme and Chet were bumping into eachother looking for my missing door panel that somehow got thrown out in the dumpster, sheesh.

Pretty bad stuff, but where else can a sports star or rapper spend his hard earned cash....

Alexlind123
01-02-2007, 08:33 PM
What color what his E-34? You know, the one the valet stunk up...

black

Ross
01-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Nose picker shows for sure. F-1 and the occassional road race are the only thing that justfy the expense.
If you think BJ auctions are bad on TV you ought to go. $50 to get in and gawk at the cars, many of dubious value. But you do get to watch that sleazy Jackson clan at work.

DaCan23
01-04-2007, 02:26 PM
I just watched that this week, though it mighta been on ESPN2, but I think it was on speed.

i remember they used to have lawnmower racing on