PDA

View Full Version : waterpumps

movado397
04-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Hey Everyone -

I have a 1988 535i, and I think that the waterpump is going out. I am having leaks, mostly antifreeze, and just yesterday, I was smoking from what I think is the waterpump and where the motor is for the fan belt.

do you know where I can find a waterpump with the metal propellers, or is that possible?

632 Regal
04-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Damn I thought I had this saved but I dont. There are waterpumps with the metal impellers that are not very good too. There is a preferred brand to get. dont forget to replace your thermostat, thermostat housing, all hoses and antifreeze and you will be done with everything for a while.

Bill R.
04-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Here (http://member.rivernet.com.au/btaylor/BMWText/technical/WaterPump.html)

Damn I thought I had this saved but I dont. There are waterpumps with the metal impellers that are not very good too. There is a preferred brand to get. dont forget to replace your thermostat, thermostat housing, all hoses and antifreeze and you will be done with everything for a while.

movado397
04-22-2004, 01:07 PM
What about bosch? I know that i already have lots of Bosch parts anyway. or, would you think that it would be a pain to put them on?

I don't think that I would be able to find the ones that were mentioned.

Bill R.
04-22-2004, 01:09 PM
most likely going to be one of the brands mentioned.
Oops , looks like I'm wrong, somebody is reboxing them for bosch from pepboys..
and I forgot that my bosch dishwasher has a bosch water pump in it...

What about bosch? I know that i already have lots of Bosch parts anyway. or, would you think that it would be a pain to put them on?

I don't think that I would be able to find the ones that were mentioned.

movado397
04-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Alright, thanks!