PDA

View Full Version : Another Sucess Story!

Jehu
12-30-2006, 05:19 PM
We had our first accumulating snow today of about 2 inches here in Southern New Hampshire and with that new feather touch Clutch in the 540 i wanted to begin to get a feel for how the car drove in snow.While out on my travels i stopped in to a Monro Muffler shop and asked them to swap the front wheels with the rears in an attempt to discover weather the oddly worn tires on the front,from driving with bad Upper Control Arms and bushings, was causing my 50-60 MPH steering wheel warble.After they tried to sell me struts they agreed to do it for $20.00 and it worked! Woo Hoo!Warble gone,Next?

632 Regal
12-30-2006, 08:37 PM
time for new treads for the front and off the old ones on 'tha bay.

Jehu
12-30-2006, 08:45 PM
They may actually have some kind of warranty from the place i bought them six months ago. I'd never sell defective merchandise to anyone. Is there risk to any rear end components from running them there if they were worn badly enough to have cause the steering wheel to wobble? If not i'd leave them there either way a new pair of the same Tire is under $200.00 mounted and balanced so its easily handled.If they are bad for both the front and the rear i wouldn't even give them away.Cutting corners by using defective parts to get you thru always ends with more problems.I don't need anyone coming back saying now their car shakes and it ruined this or that part.