PDA

View Full Version : How to make e36 323i have the same power as e36 325i?

M-power
12-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Just wondering, what modifications would you have to do to make e36 323i engine output the same power as e36 325i engine, what are the differences between the two since they share the same engine volume (2.5L). Does 325i have increased fuel intake, better air inlet filter, larger exhaust, better compressin, and/or different ECU?

Also if I was to modify 323i (haven't bought it yet...but looking promising)......is there a high risk of engine problems....seals frying and so on? BMW repair costs are astronomical where I live so I gotta make sure I understand what I am getting my self into.

Thanks

winfred
12-29-2006, 11:27 AM
the smaller late model intake manifold and horrible pcv system attached to it are the main difference between the 325 and 323, the rest is the obdII computer programing, the engine is almost identical, id do a chip (programmer on that engine) and free flowing exhaust, maybe a cold air intake (not just a cone filter sucking hot radiator air) none of these things will really stress the engine and will just help it pump air better