PDA

View Full Version : Radio lights - source? Not Radio Shack

scott 4991
12-29-2006, 08:35 AM
I had one radio light out, I replaced with the Radio Shack lights recommended in a few posts here. As I recall, someone mentioned he measured 8V on the light, and the R/S lights are 12V, which makes the display dimmer than normal. I replaced all 3 bulbs with R/S and can do this in my sleep now, so I'd like to find some bulbs closer to the original bulbs, so I can get the display bright again. It's very readible now, so not a huge issue, but seeing as how I can do this in 15 min or so, why not if I can find the right bulbs?

Anyone have another source for bulbs? I plan to call Pioneer after the New Year and see if they can sell me some.

Thanks

sc

rickm
12-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Stealer have them? I replaced mine a few years back, they were like 1.45 each or so.

scott 4991
12-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Well, thanks for the info, but what or who is Stealer? How to I contact him / the store? Do you have any more information other than "Stealer have them"?

sc

Blitzkrieg Bob
12-29-2006, 02:29 PM
I am not sure that the dealer would have these bulbs...I did the Radio Shack fix.

Pioneer might or a good electronics supply shop.

I know what you mean about it being just a little dimmer than it should be, but I can at least read it now.

scott 4991
12-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Yes, I can read mine too - but if I had the correct bulbs, I'd replace. I was told that pioneer, where BMW sends their radio's to get fixes, has them. THe number I have for them is 310-952-2000, in Long Beach, CA. I will call next week and see.

sc