PDA

View Full Version : Opening rear doors if power fails

Paulandjen
12-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Can anyone tell me how I open the rear doors if battery is flat please. I need to get to battery

guinness
12-28-2006, 01:29 PM
I got this from an old post by Shogun.
First, don't panic - there are options
Calm down.
The classic, approved method is this:
If using remote locking, GET THE KEY.
Go to the PASSENGERS door... the manual override is definitely present there. This procedure should also work on the driver's door too, but it's your choice and one maybe more difficult than the other.
Put in the key (duh)
Lift the handle; hold it up now
Turn the key to the rear of the car; should hit resistance at about 45 degrees
Carry on turning to 90 degrees - it will be stiff, it's meant ot be. (Stiff does not mean break the key or lock. Your car may have problems or be different - your call).
at 90 degrees lock pin should pop up
return key to vertical
let handle down
open door as normal
Other alternatives are based around at least applying 12v to power locks temporarily. This WILL be required to get into the other doors IF YOU LOCKED UP from the drivers door with the "deadlock" feature... then all the other doors are in deadlock "ignore the pin" mode (and possibly the trunk too).

Paulandjen
12-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Thanks guinness will go and try it.

neil_004
12-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Trunk opens just fine with the key when the car is deadlocked.

Kalevera
12-28-2006, 04:13 PM
If the car is double locked, there's no way to unlock the rear doors without putting power on the system. Once a front door is open, pop the hood and use the remote positive battery terminal and connect your source's ground to the chassis.