PDA

View Full Version : Used parts request:

Elekta
12-28-2006, 08:18 AM
Hi all,

Have made first steps to import the elekta M5T with a sizeable downpayment to hold it for me while I sort out the details.

I am going to replace the Euro headlights with US DOT lamps and buckets (before importing) so that the seller can ship home the smileys intact. If not done this way the Feds, by law, will destroy the whole deal including the lamps. So...

I need a left and right bucket with US pn#'s and low and high beams in place. I then will add quick connects to the Euro harness, and ship them over to the UK, and he can swap them out for me and send me back the Euro bucket/light package in the same box.

I also need a third brake light system to retrofit into the rear hatch. Some say I need the whole window. Is this true. On my Euro spec touring the third brake light appears to be velcroed into place. That's fine by me, but I need the BMW brake light with instructions on how to tie it into the harness.

I will have the US ceramic cat and gaskets installed here, and the side mirror glass.

I will have new plugs and oil changed over there also, so everything will be clean as a whistle and retro's performed by techs who appreciate the car.

thanks in advance for any links or suggestions.

geoff

happy holidays folks

stilljester
12-28-2006, 08:39 AM
Give Joel a call at the Euro Depot (http://www.theeurodepot.com/) - Great guy to deal with. Best of luck with your import!

neil_004
12-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Cant you just sticky tape a light and run some wire and triger a relay off of one of the brake lights to get by the 3rd brake light requirement?

Elekta
12-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Cant you just sticky tape a light and run some wire and triger a relay off of one of the brake lights to get by the 3rd brake light requirement?
uh no

1. Feds wants the real deal.
2. An M5T with a special edition #18/20 interior requires at least an oem light and velcro ;) patched properly into the wiring harness wire that's unused in the euro spec

I may just buy a rear hatch with the same trim detail just to get it right.

Just found locally right and left side ellipsoid headlight assemblies with amber blinks for $200 removed and packed in a box.