PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from the UK - E34 535

Mr G
12-28-2006, 06:42 AM
Hi all,

Just stumbled accross this forum during a dull day at work..

Im the proud owner of a 1990 535 sport which is currently locked away to keep the worst of the winter off it..had the car a couple of years now and apart from an exhaust, battery and new front suspension dampers shes been faultless.

Im also into bikes in a big way and run a Hayabusa in the summer months.

Anyway, seasons greetings and all that...look forward to browsing the board.

Theres some pics of my car in the link below, apologies there from another (UK) board but I dont have a digi camera or a PC at home.

http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=9800&highlight=

Best

Mr G

E34-520iSE
12-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Wow! That's a beautiful car mate. I am amazed that, although your car is the same age as mine it looks like new. have you done a lot of work to it or was it REALLY that clean when you bought it? I'm also in the UK (up north in Gateshead), but my car would like a rusting old lump if it was parked next to yours!

Cheers,

Shaun M

Mr G
12-28-2006, 10:33 AM
hi ya Shaun,

yes, it really was that clean when I bought it...the guy I bought it from had it stored in a garage covered with blankets when i went to view it...he never used it in the winter either.

I didnt need another car but when he pulled the blankets back i had to have it.

Ive continued keeping up the work he done and "detailed" it all over, engine bay, boot, sills and more cleaning underneath as well as replacing some furred up fastners and clips.

If you make it down to Gaydon for the BMWCC bash in August ill be on the 5 series stand

Best

B

BillionPa
12-28-2006, 12:53 PM
hot damn!

Rory525
12-28-2006, 01:52 PM
Hi Bry ,

Fancy seeing you here ;) Welcome along

Rory

Mr G
01-08-2007, 11:50 AM
hello mate...fancy seeing you here as well

Sadly due to a change of job role I dont get on the net as often as I used to at work so its a bit (lot) more difficult posting regulary.

I saw your pics in the photo section, shes looking good...