PDA

View Full Version : :: Nissan Altima SE-R...

Qube
12-27-2006, 11:05 AM
:: Nissan Altima SE-R... got nothing on me!

-- warning, do not attempt to reproduce this without a liberal application of eggnog and deathwish. Street racing for whatever duration is not recommended

Christmas Day, 2:30AM. Going home, streets quiet... Beltronics STi quiet but waiting.

Altima pulls up at stopsign. Woo. Silver shiny paint. Peels off, it's an SE-R 3.5l . "They" slow... match my speed. I was doing 60kph, going my merry way. Seeing him side, I drop to second @ 60kph. We speed off (backroads). "They" pull away while I'm chugging in second. Rev hits 5500 I drop to 3rd and gain and pass, albeit not flashy like a shot of NOS. Fourth, 160ish kph, he's several car lengths back. STi lights up KA band, I slow and drop to third @ 80kph and "they" shoot past. Didn't see any cops but still, the verdict is clear. I'm an idiot and took months off the life of my winter tires, but those two passengers they had must have weighed a ton to not be able to take an 18 year old sedan.

"SE-R model making 260 hp (194 kW). The Altima SE-R became the first sports model for the lineup sporting 18 inch forged aluminum wheels, an upgraded braking system, upgraded suspension, performance exhaust, lower body kit and more."

...pretty sure it's an actual SE-R because it DID have 17-18" wheels, SE-R kit and all. Of course, might be a poser 2.5l @ 175hp.

http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/article/548/548306/altima-20040915030059289.jpg

nizmainiac
12-27-2006, 11:50 AM
it looks a bit like a nissan primera

ILoveMPower
12-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Good, I always wondered when I saw that 3.5 badge if it could compare ;)

Qube
12-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Good, I always wondered when I saw that 3.5 badge if it could compare ;)

Kind of strange to me as no one would usually 'hold back' on an opportunity to dust a bimmer... especially (excuse me) stereotypical drivers of such cars. Mind you it wasn't a cake walk. In third, I was inching quickly, not barrelling away.

ILoveMPower
12-27-2006, 01:38 PM
Kind of strange to me as no one would usually 'hold back' on an opportunity to dust a bimmer... especially (excuse me) stereotypical drivers of such cars. Mind you it wasn't a cake walk. In third, I was inching quickly, not barrelling away.

Heh, but we all know what happens when you wind out 3rd and slam 4th with the ol' M30 ;)