PDA

View Full Version : still working on my clutch

MagicMike
12-26-2006, 11:48 AM
Hello all,

Here is the situation with my 1994 BMW 530i 5spd, I have had my car on jack stands now for about 3 months trying to do clutch job. It took me a month to locate the tool that removes the flywheel bolts so I can replace the Rear Engine Seal. I decided to buy an aftermarket clutch from ultrarev.com and recived a bolt on stage 1 Spec clutch. I compared the new pressure plate to the old one and it matches right up. So I replace the clutch, pilot bearing, release bearing, rear engine seal, and release lever pivot pieve and clip. So I slap on the tranny and bolt it down. I then put the clutch slave on and attempt to bleed the clutch. Right when I pressed the clutch, I hear a metal drop from inside the transmission casing. So I drop the Tranny and find that the push rod from the slave just flew off. I replaced the slave and tried it again making sure I hit the release lever. the same thing happens again. It seems like the release bearing is not hitting the pressure plate.

Does anyone have any experiences with this or any suggestions why my car is doing this? I do not want to have to bring it to BMW to fix.

Thanks

Kalevera
12-26-2006, 06:23 PM
It should take a bit of effort to install the slave with the transmission in the car. If there's little or no resistance, then the slave isn't positioned correctly on the release fork, the transmission isn't fully installed (bent dowel or something preventing the trans from mating with the block), or the flywheel/pressure plate are incorrect for the application.

MagicMike
12-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Hey thanks for the reply. Thats what I thought too when installing the clutch slave and did not feel any pressure. I am using the stock flywheel that it came with. I will double check all of the dowels but I remember the tranny bolting all the way to the block. Thanks again for your help.