PDA

View Full Version : What color neon is everyone running?

mholbrook
04-21-2004, 02:42 PM
I've got a black 535im lowered with style 32's all around. I've done almost every mod within reason but still don't have the neon thing going on.

I'm thinking either green or purple neon although lately I think that black light neon might be really bitchin. Only thing is, with the black light neon will that show up all the spunk and spit and other bodily fluids on the turf....or not?

Anxiously awaiting your advise on this pressing issue.

Mike "Hollywood" Holbrook
Spring Valley, CA

Bill R.
04-21-2004, 02:53 PM
drinking your big gulp and driving that long stretch between San Diego and Yuma at night, and you have to stop to take a leak, the scorpions will glow under the blacklight so you can see them....

I've got a black 535im lowered with style 32's all around. I've done almost every mod within reason but still don't have the neon thing going on.

I'm thinking either green or purple neon although lately I think that black light neon might be really bitchin. Only thing is, with the black light neon will that show up all the spunk and spit and other bodily fluids on the turf....or not?

Spring Valley, CA

mholbrook
04-21-2004, 03:44 PM
Yeah, good idea, plus if your piss starts glowing in the dark, you'll know you've had too many rads and its time to back away from the reactor.

Black light it is. Maybe I should get another unit for under the dash. Make me look like a ghoul driving at night!

Mike

bimmerd00d
04-21-2004, 05:45 PM
please do not do this to your E34. Buy a Civic and put them on that.

632 Regal
04-21-2004, 05:50 PM
might look cool tho...post a before picture so we can see!

Russell
04-21-2004, 07:41 PM
I have seen neon kits for under the wheel wells and in the interior and other points on a car. All I can think of is why? Must be a cultural thing. Perhaps a "youth" thing. As for myself, I am not looking for flash or to attract undue attention. I would rather my car be a bit understated.

Each to their own.

Spring Valley, CA

andyman32
04-21-2004, 08:06 PM
I agree with Russell. Going for the understated power / elegance.

Unless you're building a track car, an E34 doesn't need any dancing baloney... it just needs to be an E34! :)

(by the way - love the idea about lighting up scorpions on the desert floor... great thinking!)

I have seen neon kits for under the wheel wells and in the interior and other points on a car. All I can think of is why? Must be a cultural thing. Perhaps a "youth" thing. As for myself, I am not looking for flash or to attract undue attention. I would rather my car be a bit understated.

Each to their own.

scott540
04-21-2004, 09:27 PM
First it will be neon and then it will be this kind of insanity

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v25/scott540/wing.jpg

632 Regal
04-21-2004, 09:37 PM
an X box thaat would suck.

scott540
04-21-2004, 09:42 PM
should have been this insanity

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v25/scott540/wing.jpg

MikeV
04-22-2004, 08:05 AM
Go with transparent/clear neon... be the first on the block with it!! I'll sell you a system cheap - in fact, I've already installed it for you. You're all set.

Unregistered
04-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Go with transparent/clear neon... be the first on the block with it!! I'll sell you a system cheap - in fact, I've already installed it for you. You're all set.

Bigezvol
04-22-2004, 09:58 AM
IMHO... Doing crap like neons and wings on any bmw (but especially e34's) should be taken out back and shot.

It's just asinie.

MikeV
04-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Ahhh, I say "to each his/her own"

While I personally think the E34 is a work of art in its own right, if someone feels the need for adding neon, aluminum wings, flames, whatever, that is his/her own business. For me, the jury is still out on lowering it a touch (yet, I have clear tails installed).
Plus, hell, I might be able to pick it up dirt-cheap as a parts car after the owner figures out he's killed whatever resale value was left. :p

TheGeak
04-22-2004, 10:47 AM
Man, you can't do lights under the car without puttin' dubs on there too. Otherwise no one will see the light. Maybe some spinner rims too...that'd look 'bangin'

andyman32
04-22-2004, 11:09 AM
You mean you don't think I should get a big neon-colored glass graphic in my rear window of a beach scene with a palm tree and "ANDY" across the top in gothic letters?

Damn you guys are taking all the wind out of my sails!

mholbrook
04-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Jeez, can't you guys take a JOKE. No way I'd be putting neon on any car I own. But I did get a rise out of a few listers. Stay tuned, I'll post some other ridiculous thing soon.

Mike Holbrook
Spoofing the list from Spring Valley

MikeV
04-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Next time I'm in NYC at night I'll try to grab some pics of some of the 745i's and AMG MB's tricked out with neon... from a safe distance. It's a hoot. Thinkin' of picking one up at the next police auction.

632 Regal
04-22-2004, 11:38 AM
I was thinking about a big umbrella clamped to my sunroof to shade my car in the summer when I have to park in the sun...now THAT would be cool! way cool

tdgard
04-23-2004, 07:19 PM
But forget the spinner wheels. Nothing shows off the wing, neon, fuzzy dice, chasing license plate lights, blue light washer jet, jacked up bouncing suspension like a nice set of 27" spoke wheels. While your at it, paint Sanford & Son on the side.

Unregistered
04-23-2004, 07:41 PM
drinking your big gulp and driving that long stretch between San Diego and Yuma at night, and you have to stop to take a leak, the scorpions will glow under the blacklight so you can see them....