PDA

View Full Version : Guage Cluster Question

uginer
12-24-2006, 10:53 PM
I need a new cluster, because mine starts to flash and scramble on the bottom and you cant read anything. If i get a cluster from a car with 50,000 miles on it, and put it in my car, will the cluster say 50,000 miles or will it say the milage that my car is sepose to have on it. I heard that since the odomiter reading is digital that it shows what ever it reads from the computer.
Thnx.

gtopaul
12-25-2006, 11:04 AM
I need a new cluster, because mine starts to flash and scramble on the bottom and you cant read anything. If i get a cluster from a car with 50,000 miles on it, and put it in my car, will the cluster say 50,000 miles or will it say the milage that my car is sepose to have on it. I heard that since the odomiter reading is digital that it shows what ever it reads from the computer.
Thnx.

Your car will have the mileage of the replacement cluster unless you swap the coding plug on the back side. Just make sure the replacement cluster comes with the coding plug on the back. Earlier models have them built into the harness plug.

Paul

Warren N.CA
12-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Thnx.

I cleaned all the muti-pin connectors on the back and treated with Stabilant22. Simply removing and replacing the connectors may clear the problem.