PDA

View Full Version : vibration

bmw new guy
12-24-2006, 04:07 PM
i bought a 95 525i with 108,000 miles on it. when i took it on the highway i got a vibration at 65mph. I figured the tires where out of ballance. So i got some new tires, had mounted and ballanced, and sure enough i still have the vibration. please let me know if u have any idea what it may be.

pundit
12-24-2006, 04:19 PM
You didn't go here first... "Newbies: Please read before posting" (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14093)... did you! ;)

Use the 'search' function and type in "Thrust arm bushes"

bissellh
12-24-2006, 05:57 PM
i bought a 95 525i with 108,000 miles on it. when i took it on the highway i got a vibration at 65mph. I figured the tires where out of ballance. So i got some new tires, had mounted and ballanced, and sure enough i still have the vibration. please let me know if u have any idea what it may be.

I hope your old tires were in bad shape before you bought new ones. Anyway, you started in the right place. When you have tire wobble/vibration the easiest most common fix is wheel balancing. Since that did not resolve your problem, the next place to look is at the wheel bearings. The other place to look is at the suspension control arms etc. Worn wheel bearings and/or suspension and steering control arms and links is the next place to look. I suppose out of round or warped brake rotors could add to your problem, but that would be most noticably durring braking.

- Henry