PDA

View Full Version : Car wont turn over

blackpawn5
12-24-2006, 12:18 AM
I was at the grocery came out to my car. I turned on the ignition, not all the way(2nd position). I got preoccupied with something and shifted the car into drive without it running. I immediatley shifted the car back to park pulled out the keys and began to start the car. It made a d-d-d-d-d-d-d noise like it was trying to turnover but couldnt. I played with it, shifting back and forth to park and neutral trying several times to start the car, and i got notrhing but d-d-d-d-d-d-d, is there something im missing or suppose to do, any ideas on the subject guys and gals?

schnell944
12-24-2006, 12:22 AM
could your battery just be dead? is it really cold where you are? doesnt seem like what you did would cause a problem. you shouldn't be able to start the car if it's in drive, right?(i dont have an auto). but even if you tried and then moved it back to park, that shouldn't bother things.

blackpawn5
12-24-2006, 12:27 AM
i was getting a really good charge the first times i tried it, the battery towards the end began to wear down a little. yeah its about 30 here

schnell944
12-24-2006, 12:30 AM
it may have been just low enough to not start the car. the first pretty cold day here this year I went to start my car and it wouldn't turn over either. took my battery jumper to it and got it going. took the battery to Sears to see if it was on its way out. it was fine and the car has started fine ever since...very strange. I even left the car for several days to see if there was a slow drain. still started fine. I say, try to see if a jump will get it going. Take the battery to be tested, and go from there.

how had the car been starting in the past? did the starter show any signes of being on its way out?

blackpawn5
12-24-2006, 12:33 AM
will do thanks guys let me know if you all have any other insights im not aware of, one other fact i forgot to mention is that the brake was very stiff, to press down on, any ideas on what the is from?

schnell944
12-24-2006, 12:36 AM
probably because you were pressing the brake with the car not started yet. you'll find that if your car is rolling while not on and you use the brake, the power assist is no longer there.

632 Regal
12-24-2006, 02:08 AM
correct your post, "car is not turning over" your car is turning over but not starting or firing up. These cars will not fire (or start) with a weak battery, first thing to look into.

schnell944
12-24-2006, 05:33 PM
+1

correct your post, "car is not turning over" your car is turning over but not starting or firing up. These cars will not fire (or start) with a weak battery, first thing to look into.

blackpawn5
12-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks much guys for fixin my car. Me appreciate all you guys is knowledge of BWM's. It now run great!!!!!!!