PDA

View Full Version : 535iM bucks on acceleration

misfortune
12-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Quite often, while I'm accelerating from a stoplight, or or just accelerating period, my 535iM will buck (feels similar to someone tapping the brakes) for just an instant.
The car sat for close to 4 weeks without my driving it. It wasn't doing this before it sat for a while. Did something get in my gas, perhaps it settled?

What are the possible causes of this?

swenpro
12-23-2006, 01:38 AM
Does this happen during a gearshift? If so, you're looking transmission-related...

ILoveMPower
12-23-2006, 04:52 AM
Are you talking like a surge? Like around 3.5-4k rpms if you let off the throttle it will kinda surge itself?

I have this problem too :(

misfortune
12-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Does this happen during a gearshift? If so, you're looking transmission-related...

No throttle surge, and it doesn't happen during gear shift. Hand is on the wheels, feet on the gas.

Gledhill
01-01-2007, 03:43 AM
I just noticed the exact same thing while cruising at 100km/hr. The car felt like someone tapped the brakes just for a split second. It did it like 5 times. I think that it has something to do with the injectors. I have to get them cleaned. I have had the fuel filter changed, fuel regulator, O2 sensor, all changed and still have a rough idle while in gear so the last thing is to replace the fuel injectors. Does anyone know if the Alpina B10 3.5 (not the bi-turbo) have the same injectors as a regular 535i?

Thanks,

Jesse

Incantation
01-01-2007, 03:24 PM
how full was you tank? and is the climate cold? often you can get some condensation in the tank if you leave it near empty when it's cold out .. especially for 4 weeks. could just be some water in your lines

misfortune
01-01-2007, 04:21 PM
ohhh my problem was some funky throttle cables. No idea why or how, but I fiddled with them, and it stopped doing it now. Thinking that it extended all the way out and woudln't go back in.

Cables are really in bad shape though, lol.