PDA

View Full Version : cant start car. HELP!!!!

vladimer12
12-22-2006, 06:49 PM
i own a 92' 525i that i bought for $750 with a blown headgasket in the number 6 cylinder. over the past year that i have owned it i have rebuilt the entire engine. about 2 weeks ago i completed the engine assembly and attempted to start it. well i guess you can assume what happened. it would appear that the engine is not getting fuel but i cant figure out why. just to make sure that fuel was being pumped i took the sending line from the fuel pump off and gas spurted out. this tells me that the pump is working but besides that i cant figure out what else to do any adivse would be greatly appreciated

aston_jag_tech
12-23-2006, 01:18 AM
get elec. manual.

BillionPa
12-23-2006, 01:28 AM
ignition coils plugged into harness correctly?
crank position sensor?
blown fuse?
missing DME or fuel pump relay?

check the fuel pressure.

Dr. evil
12-23-2006, 04:58 PM
when my fuel pump whet out i still had some pressure in the line but it was no good.

you should probably test the fuel pressure

shogun
12-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Even if the fuel pumps is whirring, that does not mean it pumps. Especially when the car was sitting there for 1 year.
I replaced recently 6 pumps on my stored E32 750 collection, they all went out. I had 8 spare pumps with me but that was even not enought to find 6 working ones for 3 750. Finally I got 5 pumps running.
Others were just dry/blocked or did not pump enough although they were running.